Tag: shows

  • Video: Man shows elderly woman how to use smart TV, wins hearts

    Video: Man shows elderly woman how to use smart TV, wins hearts

    [ad_1]

    A video of a guy showing an old woman how to use a smart television has gone viral online.

    The video, which was first published on TikTok and was then reposted on Twitter on Thursday, features a man educating an elderly woman about the many streaming apps available on a smart TV.

    In the video, a man shows a woman how to use a smart television to search for various OTT (Over The Top) services. She learns from him that each of the squares on the television’s screen has its own unique app. The man says that all of them are apps, from Amazon Prime to Netflix and that they are unrelated to one another.

    “We have Prime Video and we also have Netflix,” the man states.

    The old woman then scrolls down to the streaming service and learns how to open it after he advises her to locate Netflix on the screen.

    Shared just a couple of days ago, the post has already accumulated more than 5.5 million views and over 253.4K likes.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Video #Man #shows #elderly #woman #smart #wins #hearts

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Video: Passenger shows bad quality food catered on Vande Bharat train

    Video: Passenger shows bad quality food catered on Vande Bharat train

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: Within a month from the launch of the much-awaited Vande Bharta train, a passenger posted a video online portraying bad quality food being served on the train.

    The video was reportedly shot on a Vande Bharat Train that proceeded from Vizag towards Hyderabad, where a passenger is seen squeezing oil out of a dumpling from his breakfast meal he availed at the train.

    A journalist on his Twitter account posted a video of the scene, stating, “No quality in meals provided to passengers on VANDHEBHARAT train, a little oil squeezed out of vada incident in the train coming from Vizag to Hyderabad, passengers are afraid to eat breakfast. They say that the food quality is bad.”

    However, IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) in response to the video stated that they have initiated a corrective measure into the matter.

    “Sir, concerned official has been informed for corrective measures,” their reply on the Twitter post read.

    While the citizens have been adoring the travel in the newly launched trains, on one hand, incidents of ignorant services on the same have started levelling up on the internet.

    Recently, images of garbage on the Vande Bharat Express evoked reactions on Twitter where several condemned the littering inside the express train.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News



    [ad_2]
    #Video #Passenger #shows #bad #quality #food #catered #Vande #Bharat #train

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • ‘Pathaan’ emerges as first film in 33 years to have houseful shows in Kashmir

    ‘Pathaan’ emerges as first film in 33 years to have houseful shows in Kashmir

    [ad_1]

    Srinagar: People of Kashmir are queuing up to watch Shah Rukh Khan-starrer “Pathaan”, making it the first film to have houseful shows in 33 years in the Valley.

    The cinema halls reopened in Kashmir last year after being shut for three decades due to threats and attacks by militants.

    Vikas Dhar, owner of Kashmir’s only multiplex theatre, said all the shows of the spy thriller were houseful on the first day of its release on Wednesday.

    “I did not know Shah Rukh Khan has such a massive fan following in Kashmir. All shows on the first day were fully booked while five of the seven shows on Republic Day were also sold out,” Dhar told PTI.

    It was due to restrictions on movement of people on account of the Republic Day parade in the vicinity of the multiplex in Badamibagh area of the city that the first two shows had less than expected audience, he added.
    Dhar opened his multiplex theatre last year in September. The theatre has three screens with a total capacity of 520 seats.

    “This is after 33 years that people are queuing up to watch movies in Kashmir. This was the dream when we set out with this project and it has come true,” he said.

    Besting boycott calls over the song “Besharam Rang”, “Pathaan” has performed phenomenally at the box office, raising Rs 219.6 crore gross worldwide in just two days. The film released on January 25 amid high security across the country.

    Dhar said much-like the rest of the country, there has been no effect of the controversy on the film’s run. “Everyone here is coming for entertainment,” he added.

    The Valley had nearly a dozen stand-alone cinema halls functioning till the late 1980s, but they had to wind up businesses after militant outfits threatened the owners.

    Though attempts were made to reopen some of the theatres in the late 1990s, militants thwarted such efforts by carrying out a deadly grenade attack on Regal Cinema in the heart of Lal Chowk in September 1999.

    Two other theatres — Neelam and Broadway — had opened their doors but had to shut business due to poor response.

    Mohammad Iqbal, an avid cinema viewer, said the last time he saw a housefull board outside a theatre was in 1989 when Sunny Deol’s “Tridev” was released.

    “It has been 33 years since I saw a house full board outside a theatre. The last I saw such a board was for Sunny Deol’s ‘Tridev’ in 1989 at Khayyam cinema,” he said.

    “Pathaan ” opened on Wednesday in over 5,000 screens across the country. Due to high demand, the film’s total screen count was later increased to 8,500 worldwide.

    A Yash Raj Films project, “Pathaan” is directed by Siddharth Anand. It also features John Abraham and Deepika Padukone.

    The film is Shah Rukh’s first big screen release as a lead after over four years.

    [ad_2]
    #Pathaan #emerges #film #years #houseful #shows #Kashmir

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Netflix, Bumble partner to help users bond over TV shows

    Netflix, Bumble partner to help users bond over TV shows

    [ad_1]

    San Francisco: Streaming giant Netflix and popular women-first dating app Bumble have teamed up to help users connect over popular TV shows.

    With the release of its weekly in-app question game “Netflix Nights In”, which asks users questions about a popular Netflix show, Bumble is putting the phrase “Netflix and Chill?” to the test, reports TechCrunch.

    In the new question game, users can compete against one another to see who can correctly answer every question.

    A recent Bumble survey found that about 78 per cent of users believe it is simpler to talk to matches when they have similar interests in TV and movies.

    Moreover, 72 per cent of survey participants admitted that they discuss movies and television shows when out on a date.

    The “Netflix Nights In” will start on January 30 and end on March 13.

    The question game will be available to Bumble users in the US, Canada and the UK.

    ‘Emily in Paris’, ‘Stranger Things’, ‘Squid Game’, ‘Selling Sunset’, ‘Love Is Blind’ and ‘Outer Banks’ are just a few of the shows that will be featured in each Monday’s quiz questions.

    Correct answers to each question will not be revealed until the user and their match vote on it.

    Each round will also include celebrities from the corresponding show, such as Amanza Smith from ‘Selling Sunset’, Alexa Lemieux from ‘Love Is Blind’ and Ashley Park from ‘Emily in Paris’.

    “When we’re getting to know someone, it’s human nature to try and find common interests. It gives you something to bond over and go beyond surface-level conversation,” Magno Herran, vice president of Marketing Partnerships at Netflix, said in a statement.

    “We love seeing people connect over Netflix shows and films and create their own communities around them. And with this partnership, we wanted to give people a way to find someone who gets them based on what they watch while leaning into ‘if you know you know’ Netflix references that have helped to spark many conversations,” Herran added.

    [ad_2]
    #Netflix #Bumble #partner #users #bond #shows

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Majority of New Yorkers want Santos to resign, new poll shows

    Majority of New Yorkers want Santos to resign, new poll shows

    [ad_1]

    20230111 santos 2 francis 1

    The poll is the first large survey on New York voters’ attitudes about Santos, who has refused to step down since a bombshell report in The New York Times in December revealed he had fabricated most of his resume, including his professional background and college education.

    Earlier this month, Santos said only the voters could get him to step down.

    “I am going to outwork any of the pundits and talking heads that are out there saying I should resign, that I’m unfit for office,” Santos told reporters earlier this month. “When 142 people ask me to resign, I’ll resign.”

    He later clarified that he meant to say 142,000 people, a reference to voters in his district.

    As more allegations have mounted, some of which he has admitted were exaggerated, Santos has drawn widespread condemnation from within his own party, including Republican officials in Nassau County, who pledged to cut off local support to their colleague in the House.

    But House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has largely ignored calls for his resignation because he needs to maintain his slim majority in the chamber.

    Santos has received low-level committee assignments, but he also faces a slew of federal and local investigations.

    [ad_2]
    #Majority #Yorkers #Santos #resign #poll #shows
    ( With inputs from : www.politico.com )

  • Pathaan likely to get postponed as theatre owners not ready to reduce Brahmastra shows

    Pathaan likely to get postponed as theatre owners not ready to reduce Brahmastra shows

    [ad_1]

    A Shah Rukh Khan film on the big screen is nothing short of a celebration for his fans, and when Shah Rukh returns in a full-fledged role after four long years, it’s a carnival of sorts. However, the recent update about the movie is likely to upset Shah Rukh Khan fans.

     

    Sources suggest that Pathaan is likely to get postponed as the theatre owners aren’t ready to reduce the shows of Brahmastra and give those slots to Pathaan. Theatre owners claim that even after two months, Brahmastra shows are getting housefull and reducing the shows will be a loss of opportunity cost.

     

    Yash Raj Films have written a letter to Karan Johar requesting him to reduce the number of shows of Brahmastra until Pathaan break evens its cost. Karan Johar hasn’t replied to the letter yet but is likely to agree since the Brahmastra is already on OTT.

     

    Yash Raj Films letter to Karan Johar is yet another proof that Brahmastra did a lot better than what was claimed by movie critics and is a slap on the face of people who trend Boycott Bollywood on social media.

     

    [ad_2]
    #Pathaan #postponed #theatre #owners #ready #reduce #Brahmastra #shows

    [ Disclaimer: With inputs from The Fauxy, an entertainment portal. The content is purely for entertainment purpose and readers are advised not to confuse the articles as genuine and true, these Articles are Fictitious meant only for entertainment purposes. ]

  • Henry Slade shows his old class as Exeter overcome card-happy Castres

    Henry Slade shows his old class as Exeter overcome card-happy Castres

    [ad_1]

    They claim a home tie in the final 16, but Exeter looked as off-colour in overcoming a motiveless Castres as any of the English sides who have laboured through this year’s edition. Six tries and 40 points may look comfortable enough, but Castres defied expectation to cause their hosts real problems.

    Exeter came up trumps in this one on the card lottery. Castres were shown four of them, one red, three in three minutes just before the break. In the 37th minute they were penalised by first a red, then a yellow, then a penalty try. It is a wonder they did not implode, given that reduced them to 12. That they did in the last 10 was sort of inevitable.

    Castres have as bad a reputation in this tournament as any French team who might ever have shrugged their shoulders at an away assignment and, shall we say, not tried particularly hard. All the signs were here again – nothing to play for, three losses from three with no points, and another much-changed team.

    Quick Guide

    How do I sign up for sport breaking news alerts?

    Show

    • Download the Guardian app from the iOS App Store on iPhone or the Google Play store on Android by searching for ‘The Guardian’.
    • If you already have the Guardian app, make sure you’re on the most recent version.
    • In the Guardian app, tap the Menu button at the bottom right, then go to Settings (the gear icon), then Notifications.
    • Turn on sport notifications.

    Thank you for your feedback.

    But they retained a spine of quality – not the least of whose components was Rory Kockott at scrum-half, the old stager called out of retirement. He rarely does things by half and led a feisty resistance from the start. An early penalty by Ben Botica, another richly experienced campaigner, gave Castres a lead, but their aggression forced Exeter into mistake after mistake, until the second quarter, when the hosts finally made one of their visits to Castres territory tell.

    Henry Slade was as guilty as any of the fumbling men in pink, but all the old class returned as he swaggered over for Exeter’s first try in the 26th minute, after Jack Innard’s mini-break. It would be an exaggeration to describe that as settling the Chiefs’ rhythm.: their fabled pick-and-go routine was repelled again and again.

    After Leinster had visited the West Country last weekend and shown at Gloucester how imaginatively the new trend for tapped penalties could be exploited, Exeter reminded us of the English way. Tap to self and charge. And do it again.

    Castres’s Feibyan Tukino is shown a red card for a high tackle.
    Castres’s Feibyan Tukino is shown a red card for a high tackle. Photograph: Ashley Crowden/JMP/Shutterstock

    All the same, the tactic eventually led to Castres’s implosion with those three cards in three minutes. Baptiste Delaporte saw yellow for the umpteenth offence in defence of the Exeter barrage, but the Chiefs could not make it tell.

    So three minutes later, Feibyan Tukino greased their wheels by becoming the latest player to see red for a high tackle (the 12th of this tournament) to reduce Castres to 13. When Exeter drove the penalty they sent to the corner, Mathieu Babillot, Castres’s captain, pulled the maul down to concede a penalty try and complete the evacuation of the visitors’ back row when he was shown yellow for his pains.

    Quick Guide

    Roundup: Lawes a Six Nations doubt after injury in Saints’ loss

    Show

    Courtney Lawes limped off in the 29th minute of Northampton’s  31-13 defeat to La Rochelle in the Champions Cup to put in doubt his participation in this season’s Six Nations. Lawes has been beset with injuries of late and if he is ruled out it will be a serious blow to England’s chances of a successful campaign.

    Phil Dowson, Northampton’s head coach, said: “Courtney doesn’t appear to be downbeat, he never is, but he felt he couldn’t continue. His calf tightened up, he hasn’t had an issue with it before but he will need to see the physio tomorrow and possibly have a scan so it’s fingers crossed.”

    The loss of Lawes completed a miserable afternoon for Saints, as the centre Fraser Dingwall was sent off for a high challenge just 10 minutes after Lawes had left the field and the lock Lukhan Salakaia-Loto also received a red card in the dying moments.

    The replacement hooker Quentin Lespiaucq-Brettes scored two tries for La Rochelle, Levani Botia, Ulupano Seuteni and Grégory Alldritt the others, with Antoine Hastoy kicking three conversions. Tom James scored a try for Northampton, with Fin Smith adding two penalties and a conversion. 

    Leinster advanced to the last 16 as top seeds with a runaway 36-10 win over Racing 92 at the Aviva Stadium. The Irish province’s unbeaten record looked under threat until they cut loose with unanswered tries from Hugo Keenan (52nd and 69th minute), Josh van der Flier (65th), Jimmy O’Brien (73rd) and Garry Ringrose (80th+3).

    Two tries from George McGuigan proved vital as Gloucester moved into the knockout stages with a sensational 26-17 victory at Bordeaux-Bègles. The hooker, who has been named in England’s Six Nations squad, crossed twice from driving lineouts as Gloucester completed the double over the French side to be the final qualifier from Pool A in the last 16.

    Leinster’s success ensured the eighth and final place from their group remained open and Gloucester grabbed the opportunity. As well as McGuigan Albert Tuisue also crossed while a conversion and three penalties from youngster George Barton secured them a last-16 tie against either the holders, La Rochelle, or the record winners, Toulouse, in France in April. PA Media

    Thank you for your feedback.

    There was a feeling then that the rest of the match would be even more of a formality than expected at the start. Actually, 12-man Castres were a fingertip away from scoring a try a few minutes into the second half. Olly Woodburn aside, and occasionally Josh Hodge, Exeter remained flat, even as the clock ticked down and that bonus point unsecured.

    It should come as no surprise that they eventually took it with two more sweaty lineout-and-drive routines. The first, in the 53rd minute was touched down by Sam Simmonds, but the Chiefs had to wait until the last 10 minutes to take the fourth try – this one by penalty try again, accompanied by a fourth card for Castres, yellow for Aurelien Azar.

    Jack Nowell, quiet all match, finished sharply for Exeter’s fifth with two minutes to go, and Christ Tshiunza even more so with none to go, and Castres a 13-man rabble of exhaustion. A sprinkling of stardust, perhaps, but no one was fooled. This was hard work.

    [ad_2]
    #Henry #Slade #shows #class #Exeter #overcome #cardhappy #Castres
    ( With inputs from : www.theguardian.com )

  • Treasury study shows stark racial differences in tax breaks, credits

    Treasury study shows stark racial differences in tax breaks, credits

    [ad_1]

    tax filing 37097

    The new report is part of a push by the agency to examine how race intersects with the tax system.

    “Given the increased reliance on the tax system as a means of delivering benefits in recent decades, it is critical that we understand how tax policies affect different families and whether policies implemented via the tax code are reaching all families,” agency officials said Friday in a blog post.

    The IRS does not know the race of filers so Treasury developed a method of estimating the likely race of the person listed first on a return based on other information. It focused on White people, Black people and Hispanic people “due to high levels of uncertainty in estimates for other groups.”

    “This new research provides evidence of the disparities in the benefits of tax expenditures by race and ethnicity, but more work remains to be done to understand the reasons for these disparities and their implications,” the Treasury said.

    “Differences in income, wealth, job characteristics, employer, family composition, access to credit, and so forth may give rise to these disparities in conjunction with the structure of the tax code, but more work is needed to determine which differences contribute the most.”

    [ad_2]
    #Treasury #study #shows #stark #racial #differences #tax #breaks #credits
    ( With inputs from : www.politico.com )