Tag: Sasaram

  • Ram Navami violence: Former BJP MLA surrenders in Sasaram

    Ram Navami violence: Former BJP MLA surrenders in Sasaram

    [ad_1]

    Patna: Former BJP MLA Jawahar Prasad has surrendered before a district court in Bihar’s Sasaram in connection with communal violence during Ram Navami celebrations on March 31.

    A Non-Bailable Warrant (NBW) was issued against Prasad for his alleged connection in the violence.

    Prasad, who was absconding since then, finally surrendered before district court on Friday evening.

    MS Education Academy

    Confirming the development, spokesperson for Rohtas police said that an FIR was registered against Prasad in the town police station of Sasaram. “Following his surrender, we have arrested him and the process is to send him to judicial custody,” he said.

    Besides Prasad, another accused named Mohamad Shahnawaz Alam alias Lakhani also surrendered before court on Friday evening.

    The official further said they have arrested 63 accused in connection with the violence.

    “The district police has obtained NBW against 38 accused who were involved in communal violence and we are also going to start the process of property attachment against 12 persons as well,” he said.

    Meanwhile, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has said that whoever is the culprit, he/she will be punished.

    “The state police are taking action against the accused. We are not directing them for action. I want to tell them that whoever is the accused, the state police will take strong action,” he said.

    “Our government would neither frame nor save anyone. Police are looking after everything and taking action on the wrongdoings. Everyone knows I do not interfere in the work of the police,” the chief minister said.

    The communal violence erupted in Sasaram and Nalanda during Ram Navami celebrations, just before the rally of Union Home Minister Amit Shah. Following the incidents, the BJP blamed the Nitish Kumar government for failing to control law and order in the state.

    [ad_2]
    #Ram #Navami #violence #BJP #MLA #surrenders #Sasaram

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Situation in Sasaram returning to normal, says Bihar Police

    Situation in Sasaram returning to normal, says Bihar Police

    [ad_1]

    Patna: In wake of violence in Sasaram on Ram Navami day, Bihar Police on Thursday said that the situation is normalising in the area.

    DIG, Shahbad range, Navin Chandra Jha said that the district police arrested 55 persons and detained 9 for their alleged connection with communal violence in Sasaram.

    “The situation is normalising in the affected area. We have registered 4 FIRs and arrested 55 persons under the Riot Act. We have formed a control room in Dehri town to monitor the activities of entire city of Sasaram. No incident of violence reported here,” he said.

    MS Education Academy

    “We have deployed RAF, SSB, STF, BMP and intelligence officers in the affected area. We have also identified 102 vulnerable places and deployed duty magistrates, apart from the police force. The patrolling and flag march is underway to avoid any untoward incidents,” the DIG added.

    “As a precautionary measure, the internet services have been stopped for the last 6 days in Sasaram district,” he said.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Situation #Sasaram #returning #normal #Bihar #Police

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Blasts took place in Sasaram during making of bombs: Bihar DGP

    Blasts took place in Sasaram during making of bombs: Bihar DGP

    [ad_1]

    Patna: In wake of the violence in Bihar’s Sasaram and Nalanda, Director General of Police Rajvinder Singh Bhatti on Sunday said the explosion in Sasaram’s Sherganj area occurred during the making of bombs.

    He said that 6 persons were injured in the blast and were admitted to the BHU in Varanasi.

    “There accused were manufacturing bombs when the explosion took place. Six persons were injured in this accident and it has nothing to do with the Ram Navami march. The forensic team has collected the samples of the explosive and analysis is currently underway,” Bhatti said.

    MS Education Academy

    The statement of the DGP came soon after Union Home Minister Amit Shah, during his rally in Nawada on Sunday, claimed that firing and bomb blasts took place in Sasaram.

    The DGP said that the Bihar Police will arrest the accused after they are discharged from the hospital.

    “We have arrested 109 persons who were involved in violence in Sasaram and Biharsharif. The process of recording video statements is on. We are taking the strongest possible action against the accused,” he said.

    “The situations in both places are under control. There was a well-planned conspiracy to disturb law and order in these two places,” he added.

    Chief Secretary Amir Subhani said that the Bihar government had held a high-level meeting in advance well before Ram Navami.

    “We have directed all the SPs, DMs, DIGs, IGs and Divisional Commissioners of the respective zones. The law and order were intact in most places. We are taking the strongest possible action against the offenders,” Subhani said.

    [ad_2]
    #Blasts #place #Sasaram #making #bombs #Bihar #DGP

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Bihar: Amit Shah’s Sasaram rally cancelled post Ram Navami violence

    Bihar: Amit Shah’s Sasaram rally cancelled post Ram Navami violence

    [ad_1]

    Patna: Following the imposition of section 144 in Sasaram, BJP on Saturday cancelled the rally of Union Home Minister Amit Shah.

    Bihar BJP President Samrat Chaudhary confirmed the development. He said that the district administration has imposed section 144 at the venue and in the entire Sasaram city, how could it be possible to organise an event there?

    Chaudhary, however, said that Shah’s rally in Nawada will take place at the scheduled time on Sunday.

    “It is extremely unfortunate that the Bihar government has failed to provide security to our men. Our supporters are being attacked by a section of people. The district administration has imposed section 144 in the city. Hence, how could it be possible to organise an event there?” Chaudhary said.

    The BJP had a pre-scheduled programme at Sasaram to celebrate the birth anniversary of Samrat Ashok. The district has a significant number of people from Kushwaha community and BJP wants to get their support. Kushwaha community is in the target list of BJP to hurt the Lav-Kush equation of Nitish Kumar-led JD-U. Hence, an event was organised for Union Home Minister Amit Shah in Sasaram city.

    The district administration imposed section 144 in Sasaram after a massive clash broke out between two groups over Ram Navami Shobha Yatra on Friday afternoon. Two houses, some shops and several vehicles were set on fire after a section of people pelted stones and bricks on the Shobha Yatra.

    “Nitish Kumar has not done anything for Samrat Ashok. Due to the BJP, he did some work after 2015. If he has done anything for Samrat Ashok before 2015, he needs to mention it in public domain,” he said.

    When asked about the Nawada rally, Chaudhary said that section 144 is not imposed in Nawada, hence the pre-scheduled programme of Nawada will take place at the scheduled time. Amit Shah is coming to Patna today and he will go to Nawada to attend the programme,” Chaudhary said.

    Besides Sasaram, violence also erupted in Nalanda district over Ram Navami Shobha Yatra on Friday.

    [ad_2]
    #Bihar #Amit #Shahs #Sasaram #rally #cancelled #post #Ram #Navami #violence

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )