Tag: raid

  • Hyderabad: CID conducts raid at premises of former Andhra minister Narayana’s daughter

    Hyderabad: CID conducts raid at premises of former Andhra minister Narayana’s daughter

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: Criminal Investigation Department (CID) officials conducted a raid at the residence of former Andhra Pradesh minister P Narayana’s daughter in Hyderabad on Friday in connection with an ongoing case.

    These raids might be connected to the case related to an FIR filed against the former minister for an alleged paper leak case at the Narayana School in the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh.

    Earlier, Andhra Pradesh Police registered a case under various sections including 10 AP Public examinations (Prevention of Malpractices), and section 408 (Criminal breach of trust by clerk or servant) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

    P Narayana is the founder and director of the Narayana Institutions.

    In April last year, the question paper for Telugu was allegedly leaked in the school, and when the police found that the teacher clicked a photo of the question paper and shared it over social media, an hour later the exam started.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Hyderabad #CID #conducts #raid #premises #Andhra #minister #Narayanas #daughter

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Palestinians condemn Israeli killing of 10 in Nablus raid

    Palestinians condemn Israeli killing of 10 in Nablus raid

    [ad_1]

    Ramallah: Palestinians have condemned the killing of 10 Palestinians and wounding of 102 others during an Israeli raid in the northern West Bank city of Nablus.

    Nabil Abu Rudeineh, the spokesman of the Palestinian presidency, said on Wednesday in a statement that Palestine condemns the Israeli deadly aggression against Nablus, vowing to hold the Israeli government “responsible for this dangerous escalation, which is pushing the region toward tension and an explosive situation”.

    “The crime committed by the occupation forces in Nablus reaffirms the importance of our demand that the international community must act immediately to stop the Israeli crimes against our people,” Abu Rudeineh added.

    He called on the US administration “to take immediate action and put effective pressure on the Israeli government to stop its crimes and continuous aggression against our people”.

    Palestinian Prime Minister Mohamed Ishtaye described the Israeli killing of Palestinians in Nablus as “organised terrorism” and urged the UN to stop practicing “double standards”.

    “The Israeli aggression is organised terrorism through which Israel seeks to export its internal crisis to the Palestinian arena,” he said.

    Ishtaye called on the UN “to stop the policy of double standards that encourages Israel to continue its aggression against the Palestinian people”.

    “Whatever is practiced against our people will not deter them from continuing their legitimate struggle to achieve their goals of freedom, ending the occupation, and establishing their independent state, with Jerusalem as its capital,” he added.

    In Gaza, Abu Obeida, the masked military spokesman of Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas), said in a short statement that “resistance in Gaza is observing the escalating occupation crimes in the West Bank”.

    “The patience of the Palestinian resistance in Gaza is running out,” he added.

    The Palestinian Ministry of Health said in a statement that 10 Palestinians were killed by Israeli soldiers, including an elderly man and a 14-year-old boy, during an Israeli army military operation in the city of Nablus, Xinhua news agency reported.

    At least 102 Palestinians were also injured, including multiple in severe condition and three local Palestinian journalists.

    The Israeli military confirmed in a statement that an operation was underway in Nablus, a militant stronghold that is frequently raided by the military, but did not provide further information immediately.

    Local sources and eyewitnesses said that an Israeli army force backed by armoured vehicles stormed the outskirts of the old city of Nablus and surrounded a house to arrest several Palestinians wanted by Israeli security.

    They added that the wanted Palestinians were armed, and exchanged fire with the soldiers who surrounded the building, adding that several explosions and intensive gunfire were heard in the city.

    Meanwhile, clashes broke out in the city’s streets between dozens of Palestinians, who threw stones and empty bottles, and the soldiers, who opened fire at the demonstrators to disperse them.

    The Palestinian Red Crescent Society in the city said in a statement that the Israeli soldiers prevented its ambulances from entering the area to evacuate casualties that needed medical treatment in the hospital.

    Israeli media outlets reported that an Israeli army force carried out on Wednesday morning a regular military activity following reports that Palestinian militants and members of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad were hiding in a building in the old city.

    The reports said that the soldiers moved to the city and traded fire with the militants hiding in the building, adding that no injuries were reported among the Israeli soldiers.

    The tension between Israel and the Palestinians has been flaring since early January in the West Bank following a series of Palestinian attacks that killed nine Israelis, according to official Israeli figures.

    In return, the Israeli Army carried out dozens of daily incursions into the West Bank cities, villages, and refugee camps to arrest Palestinians involved in carrying out attacks against Israel.

    [ad_2]
    #Palestinians #condemn #Israeli #killing #Nablus #raid

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • 10 Palestinians killed in Israeli raid In West Bank

    10 Palestinians killed in Israeli raid In West Bank

    [ad_1]

    Ten Palestinians were killed, and dozens were injured by Israeli occupation forces’ bullets, during their raid on the city of Nablus on Wednesday.

    The Palestinian health ministry confirmed the death of ten Palestinians and 102 injured, as the Israeli forces shot them during their continuous aggression on the city of Nablus.

    According to the ministry, the ten dead were 72-year-old Adnan Sabe’ Baara, 25-year-old Mohammad Khaled Anbousi, 33-year-old Tamer Minawi, 26-year-old Musab Owais, 24-year-old Hossam Isleem, 23-year-old Mohammad Abdulghani, 23-year-old Waleed Dakheel, 61-year-old Abdulhadi Ashqar, 16-year-old Mohammad Farid Shaaban and 23-year-old Jasser Abdelwahab Qan’eer.

    Palestinian Red Crescent said that its members dealt with dozens of cases – who were shot – in Nablus, in addition to 250 cases of suffocation.

    As per Anadolu Agency reports, large forces of the Israeli army stormed Sheikh Muslim neighborhood on the outskirts of the old city of Nablus, and surrounded a house where terror suspect was hiding out.

    The army closed all entrances to the city before besieging a house with two wanted Palestinian fighters, Hossam Islam and Muhammad Abdel-Ghani, who were killed.

    Clashes took place between dozens of Palestinians and the Israeli army, in which the latter used metal bullets.

    Users of social media platforms widely circulated a video of the defenseless elderly sheikh, who was lying on the ground in the Old City of Nablus, after he was shot dead by the Israeli occupation.

    For several months, the occupation army has been pursuing the Palestinian armed group “The Lions’ Den”, which is based in the old city of Nablus.

    The Lions’ Den group called on the people to take to the streets and burn the ground under the feet of the occupation, saying, “Shame on everyone who carries a gun and does not take it to the field of honor and manhood.”

    The appointment of Ben Gvir to his security position in the Israeli government sparked a lot of criticism on the Arab and international levels, and even inside Israel, due to fears of a significant escalation of tension, especially in the West Bank and Jerusalem.



    [ad_2]
    #Palestinians #killed #Israeli #raid #West #Bank

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • BREAKING: Income Tax raid in BBC Delhi office

    BREAKING: Income Tax raid in BBC Delhi office

    [ad_1]

    In a sudden development, the Income Tax department is conducting search operations in BBC’s Delhi office on Tuesday. According to reports, employees have been asked to leave the office and their phones have been seized.

    The raid comes after BBC broadcasted a two-part series documentary – India: The Modi Question – on the 2002 Gujarat riots when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the state’s chief minister. Thousands were killed and millions were left homeless, especially in the Muslim community.

    It states that “Modi is directly responsible” for the riots that killed millions of people and displaced many, mostly Muslims. It also said the “violence was politically motivated” and the aim “was to purge Muslims from Hindu areas”. The riots were impossible “without the climate of impunity created by the state government.”

    (This is a developing story. More details awaited)

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #BREAKING #Income #Tax #raid #BBC #Delhi #office

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • 13 Palestinians injured during Israeli forces raid in West Bank

    13 Palestinians injured during Israeli forces raid in West Bank

    [ad_1]

    Ramallah: Israeli forces raided the Aqbat Jabr refugee camp in Jericho, in the West Bank region of Palestine and injured at least 13 Palestinians, Al Jazeera reported citing the Palestinian health ministry on Saturday.

    Two of the injured are critically hurt.

    During the raid, the Israeli forces fired bullets, missiles and tear gas at the Aqbat Jabr refugee camp in Jericho city in the occupied West Bank.

    Israeli radio confirmed that during the raid to apprehend Palestinians, Israeli forces launched an anti-tank guided missile, Al Jazeera reported.

    The Palestinian Red Crescent Society charged Israel with impeding ambulance access. After the operation, however, they were eventually permitted to attend to the injured.

    This is not the first raid by the Israeli forces in the West Bank region of Palestine.

    In the last week of January, nine Palestinians, including an elderly woman, were killed by Israeli forces on Thursday during clashes in the refugee camp of Jenin, CNN reported, referring to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.

    According to the Palestinian Red Crescent (PRC), Israeli forces first made it impossible for medical personnel to get to the Jenin camp, where four injured people were in serious condition.

    According to CNN, it went on to say that Israeli forces also shot tear gas canisters at the Jenin Government Hospital, resulting in children suffering from inhalation injuries.

    However, the Israeli force refuted claims of innocent Palestinians being killed in the raid and added that they were operating in Jenin Thursday to catch a “terror squad belonging to the Islamic Jihad terror organization,” saying in a statement that it killed three “terrorists,” the American broadcaster reported.

    As bloodshed continues to remain a part of Palestine, the Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Muhammad Shtayyeh called on the United Nations and international human rights organizations to “intervene urgently to provide protection to the children, youth and women.”

    (Except for the headline, the story has not been edited by Siasat staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

    [ad_2]
    #Palestinians #injured #Israeli #forces #raid #West #Bank

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Arab League, Egypt condemn deadly Israeli raid in West Bank

    Arab League, Egypt condemn deadly Israeli raid in West Bank

    [ad_1]

    Cairo: Arab League Secretary-General Ahmed Aboul Gheit condemned in the “strongest terms” an Israeli raid on Jenin city and Jenin refugee camp that reportedly killed at least nine Palestinians.

    Aboul Gheit follows the development in the occupied territories with great concern and calls for the international community to protect the Palestinian people, Xinhua news agency reported, citing an Arab League statement.

    The state of indifference encourages the occupying forces to commit more crimes under the leadership of a government with hardline plans, Gheit said.

    Meanwhile, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said in a statement that the raids on the Palestinian cities, which threaten the security in the West Bank, must stop immediately.

    The ministry warned against the dangerous repercussions of such assaults on the security and stability of the occupied territories.

    According to the Palestinian Health Ministry, Israeli soldiers on Thursday “killed at least nine Palestinians, including an elderly woman, and injured 20 others, four of whom are in critical conditions, in the Jenin refugee camp in the northern West Bank”.

    (Except for the headline, the story has not been edited by Siasat staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Arab #League #Egypt #condemn #deadly #Israeli #raid #West #Bank

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • 2 rockets fired from Gaza at Israel after deadly West Bank raid

    2 rockets fired from Gaza at Israel after deadly West Bank raid

    [ad_1]

    Jerusalem: Two rockets fired from Gaza at southern Israel were intercepted by the Israeli aerial defence systems early on Friday, following the killing of nine Palestinians by Israeli soldiers earlier.

    No injuries and damage were reported.

    The rockets, fired just after midnight between Thursday and Friday, triggered sirens in the southern city of Ashkelon and the communities of kibbutz Zikim and Karmia, Xinhua news agency reported, citing a statement by the Israeli military spokesperson.

    “Two rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip,” the spokesperson said. “The rockets were intercepted by the IDF Aerial Defence Array.”

    No group immediately assumed responsibility for the rockets.

    Tensions were simmering after Israeli forces killed nine Palestinians, including a 61-year-old woman, in the Jenin refugee camp in the occupied West Bank on Thursday morning. The army said the raid was carried out to foil “a terror squad” that planned an attack against Israelis.

    (Except for the headline, the story has not been edited by Siasat staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News



    [ad_2]
    #rockets #fired #Gaza #Israel #deadly #West #Bank #raid

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Palestine ends security coordination with Israel after 9 killed in raid

    Palestine ends security coordination with Israel after 9 killed in raid

    [ad_1]

    Ramallah: The Palestinian Authority has announced the end of security coordination with Israel in response to the killing of nine Palestinians in the West Bank city of Jenin.

    “In the light of the repeated aggression against our people and the undermining of signed agreements, we consider that security coordination with the Israeli occupation government no longer exists as of now,” spokesman of the Palestinian presidency Nabil Abu Rudeineh said in a press statement on Thursday, Xinhua news agency reported.

    Earlier in the day, Israeli soldiers killed at least nine Palestinians, including an elderly woman, and injured 20 others, four of whom are in critical condition, in the Jenin refugee camp in the northern West Bank, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Palestine #ends #security #coordination #Israel #killed #raid

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Hyderabad: Cops raid NS Wellness and Spa; arrest 5 people

    Hyderabad: Cops raid NS Wellness and Spa; arrest 5 people

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: The Petbasheerabad police raided N S Wellness SPA centre at Qutbullapur and arrested an organizer, a customer and three women masseurs on Sunday.

    On specific information, a police team headed by the Inspector G Prashanth raided the massage parlour being run illegally by organizer Ashwini.

    The owner of the building, Rama Krishna had rented the building for the Spa centre knowing about it being illegal operated.

    The police booked a case and arrested the five persons.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Hyderabad #Cops #raid #Wellness #Spa #arrest #people

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )