Tag: ops

  • Families, Livestock Stuck Near Margan Top, Rescue Ops On

    Families, Livestock Stuck Near Margan Top, Rescue Ops On

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: District administration Anantnag has launched a widescale rescue operation to evacuate nearly twenty families stuck along with their livestock at Margan Top in the Kokernag area, amid ongoing inclement weather conditions across the region.

    “A joint rescue operation comprising of revenue, police, army, CRPF, Medical, ASH, SRTC was launched to respond to a distress call at Nawkan, near Margan Top”, SDM Kokernag, who is leading the rescue operation under the overall supervision of DC Anantnag said.

    “It is estimated that there are some 20 families with livestock are stuck on the top,” the official said adding they have so far rescued two dozen people and around 20 farm animals.

    “Another team is on way with JCB machinery to tackle any eventuality”, the official said.

    “We have established a temporary shelter at Gawran and also a medical camp through army as a contingency measure”, the official added. (GNS)

    [ad_2]
    #Families #Livestock #Stuck #Margan #Top #Rescue #Ops

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )

  • 8 tourists among 10 stranded near old tunnel in Qazigund, rescue ops launched

    [ad_1]

    Umaisar Gull Ganaie

    Qazighund, May 08: At least 10 people including 8 tourists have got stuck near old tunnel in Qazigund area of Kulgam district when they were on their to Kashmir, officials said on Monday.

    An official told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that the tourists got stuck near the tunnel due to unexpected snowfall.

    “Among the people who have got stuck include 8 tourists from Andaman and Nicobar Islands, driver of the vehicle and its helper,” he said.

    Meanwhile, Tehsildar Qazigund Khursheed Ahmad Tantray told KNO that they are stuck on B-Top, which is around 20 km above Jawahar Tunnel.

    He said a team has been rushed to the spot to rescue them

    Meanwhile, authorities have closed Sinthan Pass road for all sorts of traffic in view of the bad weather predictions, while traffic in plying normally on Srinagar-Jammu highway—(KNO)

    [ad_2]
    #tourists #among #stranded #tunnel #Qazigund #rescue #ops #launched

    ( With inputs from : roshankashmir.net )

  • Srinagar Schools To Teach Four Fundamental Ops Of Mathematics, BODMAS To Students Upto Class 10

    Srinagar Schools To Teach Four Fundamental Ops Of Mathematics, BODMAS To Students Upto Class 10

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: The authorities in Srinagar have decided to teach four fundamental operations of Mathematics with “BODMAS” to students upto class 10th in order to enhance the quality of education and create equal interest in learning among students.

    The decision was taken after the authorities found that non-teaching of four fundamental operations of Maths, along with “BODMAS” was impeding students’ understanding of Mathematics and making studies difficult for them.

    Chief Education Officer Srinagar in a circular has said a discussion was held with education experts and experienced officers in Srinagar district to identify reasons for the lack of interest in studies among some students.

    1320x120 ad feed desktop

    “It was concluded that students lacking a full command of Maths cannot become extraordinary intelligent, efficient, and all-rounder citizens,” the circular reads.

    It reads that it has been decided that all schools in Srinagar district must teach these basic concepts to all students from Primary to Higher Secondary levels.

    CEO has directed all the heads of institutions to impart impart full knowledge of the four fundamental operations and “BODMAS” to all students up to class 10th.

    “The heads of schools are given a 15-day window, from April 24 to May 8 to impart full knowledge of the four fundamental operations and BODMAS to all students up to class 10th,” the circular reads.

    CEO also warned schools of action if any student, after May 9 is found to be weak in these basic concepts.

    “The concerned teachers will face action as warranted under the rules, and the concerned HOI will be held responsible,” the circular reads.

    As per the circular chairman of cluster level committees have been asked to monitor this process under the guidance and supervision of respective cluster heads to ensure proper implementation of this circular in letter and spirit—(KNO)

    [ad_2]
    #Srinagar #Schools #Teach #Fundamental #Ops #Mathematics #BODMAS #Students #Upto #Class

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )

  • Poonch Army vehicle attack: Massive search ops for terrorists underway

    Poonch Army vehicle attack: Massive search ops for terrorists underway

    [ad_1]

    Poonch: Security forces have launched a massive search operation in the dense forests of the Bata-Doriya area after a terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch killed five Indian Army personnel and injured one, officials said on Friday.

    The entire area has been cordoned off while drones and sniffer dogs are being used to sniff out the terrorists that might be hiding in the area, they said.

    Officials said that a high alert has been sounded in the twin border districts of Rajouri and Poonch amid close vigil along the Line of Control. Traffic on the Bhimber Gali-Poonch road was stopped following the incident and people have been advised to go to Poonch via Mendhar, they said.

    MS Education Academy

    According to officials, an NIA team will visit the site of the terror attack for inspection.

    Five Army personnel were killed and another was seriously injured on Thursday after their vehicle caught fire following a terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch, the Army said. The soldiers were from a Rashtriya Rifles unit deployed for counter-terror operations.

    The Army said the vehicle the soldiers were travelling in came under fire from unidentified terrorists and it caught fire because of the likely use of grenades.

    “Chief of the Army Staff General Manoj Pande and all ranks of Indian Army salute the supreme sacrifice of five Indian Army bravehearts, Hav Mandeep Singh, L/Nk Debashish Baswal, L/Nk Kulwant Singh, Sep Harkrishan Singh and Sep Sewak Singh who laid down their lives in the line of duty at Poonch Sector yesterday,” the Additional Directorate General of Public Information (ADGPI) said in a tweet.

    Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha said he was anguished at the loss of lives of the brave soldiers. “Their rich service to the nation will never be forgotten. My thoughts are with the bereaved families,” he said in a tweet.

    Political parties have condemned the attack. On Thursday evening, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Bajrang Dal staged a protest on the Tawi bridge in Jammu city and raised anti-Pakistan slogans.

    [ad_2]
    #Poonch #Army #vehicle #attack #Massive #search #ops #terrorists #underway

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Hooda promises OPS if Congress voted to power in Haryana

    Hooda promises OPS if Congress voted to power in Haryana

    [ad_1]

    Yamunanagar: Eyeing support of government employees, Congress leader and former Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday again promised restoration of the Old Pension Scheme (OPS) if the party was voted to power in 2024 Assembly polls.

    He slammed the BJP-JJP government for pushing the state into a debt trap, saying that a state that was once at the top of development has been number one in crime and unemployment.

    Addressing the Vipaksh Aapke Samaksh and Jai Bharat Satyagraha programme organised by the Congress here, Hooda, who is the Leader of Opposition in Assembly, said Haryana is one of those states which have more debt than its state budget.

    MS Education Academy

    “Today the state is immersed in a debt trap. Law and order has become worse. Haryana ranks number two in the country in crimes like murder and rape. Haryana, which was among the leading states, is rapidly lagging,” he said.

    The meeting saw a large attendance with all roads leading to the programme venue were blocked.

    Enthused by seeing the huge crowd, Hooda announced that the OPS will be implemented as soon as the Congress government is formed in the state.

    “A pension of Rs 6,000 will be given to all elderly and we will give legal guarantee of the MSP (minimum support price). The creamy layer limit of backward class will be increased from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 10 lakh. Gas cylinders will be given to women for Rs 500 and sanitation workers would be given permanent jobs,” he promised.

    Hooda said he had come to the meeting to listen to grievances of the people.

    “In Haryana, farmers, laborers, traders, employees — rural and urban — and every section are repenting. Farmer is not getting the MSP. Today there is no buyer for mustard. The MSP of mustard is Rs 5,450 per quintal but farmers are forced to sell it for Rs 4,000. Potatoes have to be sold at 50 paise per kg in Pipli. It was promised to double the income of the farmer, but the agricultural cost doubled,” he added.

    Expressing disagreement with the decision to end the Lok Sabha membership of Rahul Gandhi, Hooda said the Congress would fight a legal battle against this decision. “Today the Constitution itself is in danger, it needs to be protected. We will not allow the Constitution to be tampered with. No power can suppress the voice of Rahul Gandhi and the Congress.”

    About the “record unemployment” in the state, he said the youths are migrating to other places for employment. “As soon as the Congress government is formed, we will provide permanent employment to the youth in Haryana itself and will fill vacant government posts,” Hooda added.

    More than 24 party MLAs and 50 former ministers, former MLAs and former MPs, besides senior leaders, were present at the programme.

    Former minister Ashok Arora, the convener of the Vipak Aapke Samaksh programme, conducted the meeting.

    State Congress chief Uday Bhan said the BJP-led Central government is scared of Rahul Gandhi’s questions.

    “What is the reason that the debt of Haryana has increased from Rs 60,000 crore to more than 3 lakh crores in the last nine years. Today the petroleum and has prices have come down in international market, but this government is not giving any relief to the common people. The time has come to overthrow this government,” he said.

    MP Deepender Hooda said during the Congres government in the state four cities were connected with metro and 12 universities and medical colleges were built.

    “The BJP-JJP government has derailed the state from the track of development and has pushed the youth of the state into the unemployment trap.”

    [ad_2]
    #Hooda #promises #OPS #Congress #voted #power #Haryana

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Minor Girl Slips Into Canal, Rescue Ops On

    Minor Girl Slips Into Canal, Rescue Ops On

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: A minor girl slipped into an irrigation canal in Perniya area of north kashmir’s Baramulla district on Saturday.

    An official said that a girl while waiting for the school bus along LJHP canal slipped and fell into the canal.

    The girl has been identified as Rukaya Bashir (14) daughter of Bashir Ahmad Ganaie resident of Nowpora Kreeri who is a student of 9th standard at Syed Sakhi Nowshera high school.

    SDRF team has been informed and rescue operation has been started in the area, official said. (KS)

    [ad_2]
    #Minor #Girl #Slips #Canal #Rescue #Ops

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )

  • QNET scam: ED freezes Rs 137 cr after search ops in Hyderabad, Bengaluru

    QNET scam: ED freezes Rs 137 cr after search ops in Hyderabad, Bengaluru

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: The Directorate of Enforcement (ED) has frozen an amount of more than Rs. 137 crores during search operations at seven locations (4 in Hyderabad and 3 in Bengaluru) conducted in connection with a money laundering case against Vihaan Direct Selling(I) Private Limited, a sub-franchise company of Qnet Ltd.

    According to the officials, the ED initiated a PMLA investigation on the basis of 38 FIRs against Qnet Ltd., Vihaan Direct Selling (I) Private Limited and others registered by Cyberabad Police, Hyderabad under various Sections of IPC and Prize Chits and Money Circulation Schemes (Banning)Act, 1978.

    “During the investigation, it was revealed that M/s Vihaan Direct Selling (I) Private Limited has been cheating gullible people, promising huge commissions on their investment, by way of running a money circulation scheme in the guise of direct selling of products. As a result of the search, various incriminating documents and digital devices were seized. Further, an amount of more than Rs. 137 Crore available in more than 50 bank accounts relating to various entities/individuals connected with the case has been frozen/seized during the search operations,” the officials added.

    Further investigation into the matter is under progress.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #QNET #scam #freezes #search #ops #Hyderabad #Bengaluru

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Massive search ops in Hoshiarpur after some suspects abandon car

    Massive search ops in Hoshiarpur after some suspects abandon car

    [ad_1]

    Hoshiarpur: In the wake of the Punjab Police being on high alert after radical preacher Amritpal Singh escaped its dragnet, a massive search operation was launched in a Hoshiarpur village late on Tuesday night after some suspects abandoned their vehicle following a chase.

    A police team was chasing a car from Phagwara after it suspected that fugitive Amritpal and his aide could be travelling in that vehicle, sources said.

    The occupants of the vehicle abandoned the car near Gurdwara Bhai Chanchal Singh in Marnaian village here and fled, they said.

    A cordon and search operation has been launched in and around the village while checkposts and barricades have been raised on the roads to nab the suspects.

    Amritpal Singh remains untraceable since a police crackdown against him and members of his pro-Khalistan ‘Waris Punjab De’ outfit on March 18, about three weeks after he and his supporters stormed into the Ajnala police station near Amritsar to secure the release of an arrested man.

    The preacher escaped the police dragnet in Jalandhar district on March 18, switching vehicles and changing appearances.

    He and his associates have been booked under several criminal cases related to spreading disharmony among classes, attempt to murder, attack on police personnel and creating obstructions in the lawful discharge of duty by public servants.

    A new video of Amritpal Singh with his key aide Papalpreet Singh surfaced on social media on Tuesday, showing the pro-Khalistan preacher without a turban and wearing a mask.

    The undated CCTV footage, said to be from a market in Delhi, showed the fugitive walking down a street wearing dark glasses. Behind him, Papalpreet Singh could be seen walking with a bag.

    There is no official word from Punjab Police on the fresh footage.

    A senior Delhi Police official said they are probing whether the persons seen in the video are Amritpal Singh and his aide.

    (Except for the headline, the story has not been edited by Siasat staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

    [ad_2]
    #Massive #search #ops #Hoshiarpur #suspects #abandon #car

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Maha govt agreeable to OPS, employees call off weeklong strike

    Maha govt agreeable to OPS, employees call off weeklong strike

    [ad_1]

    Mumbai: Following a successful round of negotiations with the Maharashtra government, around 18 lakh government employees in the state called off their weeklong indefinite strike to press for the contentious issue of implementing the Old Pension Scheme (OPS), a top leader said here on Monday.

    The convenor of the striking unions’ coordination committee, Vishwas Katkar, said that the state government has agreed in principle’ to consider the issue of bringing back OPS, which was discontinued in 2005 owing to various reasons.

    The much-awaited discussions were held on Monday afternoon between Chief Minister Eknath Shinde, top state officials, Katkar and other union representatives.

    “The government has assured that OPS will definitely be implemented, and our salaries shall not be affected. This has also been given to us in writing… They will also withdraw the show-cause notices issued to the strikers. We will also fully cooperate with the government on this issue,” Katkar told mediapersons.

    In view of the positive outcome, Katkar and other leaders said that the strike has been called off with immediate effect and all employees will resume normal duties from Tuesday.

    Later on Monday, Shinde informed about the development and reiterated that the government is completely positive towards the employees’ demands.

    “We have constituted a committee to examine this matter and its report will be received soon, after which we shall take an appropriate decision,” Shinde said.

    The Chief Minister said that all the state government and semi-government employees have been on strike since March 14, while the Maharashtra State Gazetted Officers’ Federation has given a separate notice of strike from March 28.

    “After the discussions today, the employees and gazetted officers’ associations have responded positively to our appeal and have decided to withdraw their strike,” said Shinde among thumping of benches by the ruling alliance legislators.

    Katkar also thanked the Opposition Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) for supporting the strikers and raising their issue in the legislature, and appreciated the government for positively considering the staffers’ pending demand on OPS.

    From Tuesday, all government, semi-government offices, schools, junior colleges, government hospitals and other departments where Class III-IV employees had gone on strike are expected to resume normal functioning.

    [ad_2]
    #Maha #govt #agreeable #OPS #employees #call #weeklong #strike

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Fully prepared for elections and Amarnath Yatra in Kashmir, says IG CRPF Ops MA Bhatia

    [ad_1]

    Srinagar, Mar 7 (GNS): The Inspector General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) operations, MA Bhatia, stated on Tuesday that they are fully prepared for any and all events, whether it be an election or the annual Amarnath Yatra.

    During the inauguration of a hospital in Tral, the IG CRPF spoke to reporters, according to GNS, he said that the hospitals of Special Forces are now open for locals, which is a positive step.

    “Locals, officials, and the general public can come here and receive treatment, which will benefit everyone. We have a blood testing facility and other amenities, and we are working on providing advanced treatment, which will be available here soon,” IG said.

    When asked about the Amarnath Yatra, he replied, “We are on our toes to complete all requirements, and we have already begun the process. We will be fully prepared for any and all events, whether it be an election or the annual Amarnath Yatra. All arrangements have been made to maintain law and order”, he stated. (GNS)

    [ad_2]
    #Fully #prepared #elections #Amarnath #Yatra #Kashmir #CRPF #Ops #Bhatia

    ( With inputs from : thegnskashmir.com )