Tag: mans

  • Missing Kupwara man’s body found from woods after 75 days

    [ad_1]

    Srinagar, March 1: 75 days after going missing, body of a man from Kunan area was recovered from PK Galli forests in the north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Wednesday, police said.

    “In continuation to missing of Abdul Rashid Dar of Kunan area of Kupwara on December 16,2022 today early in the morning a dead (body was) recovered from Zurhama -PK Galli forests,” a police spokesperson said in a statement to GNS, adding, “The body was brought to SDH Kupwara where it was identified by the relatives of (the) missing person). After completing all medico-legal formalities including post mortem by a team of doctors, he said, the body was handed over to the family members for burial. “Cognisance of the matter has been taken for further investigations,” he said, adding, “Further details will be shared.”

    At a presser, a police officer had said that the man was allegedly picked up by the army for questioning in connection with militancy related investigation. However the officer had said that he fled from custody.

    People’s Democratic Party president Mehbooba Mufti had also sought the intervention of commander of Army’s 15 Corps. “A youngster detained by Army on 13th December has allegedly escaped from their custody & is now missing. Worrying that a civilian goes missing in Army custody. Request the Core (sic) Commander to kindly intervene,” she had tweeted. (GNS)

    [ad_2]
    #Missing #Kupwara #mans #body #woods #days

    ( With inputs from : roshankashmir.net )

  • ‘Missing’ Kupwara Man’s Body Found After 75 Days

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: 75 days after going missing, body of a man from Kunan area of North Kashmir’s Kupwara district has been retrieved and given back to family on Wednesday.

    “In continuation to missing of Abdul Rashid Dar of Kunan area of Kupwara on December 16,2022 today early in the morning a dead (body was) recovered from Zurhama -PK Galli forests,” a police spokesperson said in a statement, adding, “The body was brought to SDH Kupwara where it was identified by the relatives of (the) missing person. After completing all medico-legal formalities including post mortem by a team of doctors, he said, the body was handed over to the family members for burial. “Cognisance of the matter has been taken for further investigations,” he said, adding, “Further details will be shared.”

    At a presser, a police officer had said that the man was allegedly picked up by the army for questioning in connection with militancy related investigation. However the officer had said that he fled from custody.

    Pertinent to mention, Dar was allegedly picked up by the army for questioning but had gone missing, triggering protests by his family and relatives.

    Abdul Rashid Dar, a driver by profession, as per family was having dinner on December 15, 2022, at around 8:30 pm, when a team of Army soldiers from 41 Rashtriya Rifles unit posted in Trehgam knocked at the door of his house in Kunan village of the frontier district of Kupwara and took him away.

    SSP Kupwara Yougal Manhas had earlier said that the youth Abdul Rashid Dar son of Muhammad Siddique Dar of Kunan Poshpora, was picked up for questioning related to a militancy case. “During the preliminary inquiry, it came to the fore that he had disclosed the location of a hideout and when the army took him there, he escaped.”

    People’s Democratic Party president Mehbooba Mufti had also sought the intervention of commander of Army’s 15 Corps. “A youngster detained by Army on 13th December has allegedly escaped from their custody & is now missing. Worrying that a civilian goes missing in Army custody. Request the Core (sic) Commander to kindly intervene,” she tweeted.

    [ad_2]
    #Missing #Kupwara #Mans #Body #Days

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )

  • CRPF personnel save man’s life with timely CPR in Anantnag

    [ad_1]

    Srinagar, Feb 25: A CRPF personnel breathed life into a man having a cardiac arrest by performing timely cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), an official from the federal police department said.

    According to CRPF public relations officer (PRO), a Srinagar resident Wasim Raza Wani, who serves in the power department at Bijbehara in the south Kashmir district suffered cardiac arrest near Kandizal Jhelum Bridge on Saturday afternoon.

    He said an alert Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel deployed on the national highway guard duty saved Wani’s life by performing CPR on him.

    He also gave Wani first aid medicine by virtue of which he was stabilised.

    After saving his life, the personnel sent Wani to a hospital for further treatment, the PRO added.–(PTI)

    [ad_2]
    #CRPF #personnel #save #mans #life #timely #CPR #Anantnag

    ( With inputs from : roshankashmir.net )

  • Video: Hyderabad police saves man’s life by conducting CPR

    Video: Hyderabad police saves man’s life by conducting CPR

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: A Hyderabad traffic police constable saved a bus commuter’s life who suddenly collapsed at the Aramghar Chowrastha on Friday.

    A video of the incident went viral online. The constable, Rajashekhar who works at the Rajendranagar Police Station was seen conducting a CPR process on Balaji, the commuter. After saving the man’s life, he was immediately moved to a hospital.

    Telangana Health minister T Harish Rao applauded the constable’s act and said that the government will conduct CPR training for all frontline employees and workers in the coming week in the view of the increase in such incidents.

    “Highly Appreciate traffic police Rajashekhar of Rajendranagar PS for doing a commendable job in saving precious life by immediately doing CPR.

    Telangana Govt will conduct CPR training to all frontline employees & workers next week inview of increasing reports of such incidents,” he said.

    Social media users also appreciated the constable’s immediate reaction to the incident.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News



    [ad_2]
    #Video #Hyderabad #police #saves #mans #life #conducting #CPR

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Hyderabad: AIMIM demands murder case against Medak cops over man’s death

    Hyderabad: AIMIM demands murder case against Medak cops over man’s death

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: The All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) has demanded that policemen involved in the alleged torture of a youth leading to his death in Telangana’s Medak district be booked for murder.

    A 35-year-old daily wage labourer, Mohammad Qadeer, on Friday succumbed to the injuries he had sustained due to torture by the police.

    The man was picked up from his sister’s house in Hyderabad on January 29 on suspicion of being involved in a theft case and was brought to Medak.

    In a statement while undergoing treatment at a hospital in Medak, he alleged that he was kept in custody for five days and beaten up by policemen though he kept telling them that he was innocent.

    “The cops said the person involved looks like me,” he said.

    The police let him off on February 2 when he was unable to move his hands. They (police) asked him to tell others that he was kept in custody for one night. They also asked him to sign a paper and as he was unable to even hold the pen, one of the policemen signed the paper.

    Qadeer named the two constables and the Sub-Inspector (SI). He said while the SI only slapped him twice or thrice, the two constables beat him up all over the body.

    Due to the alleged torture, Qadeer could not stand on his feet, and his kidneys were also damaged. His wife Siddeshwari, alleged that police used third-degree methods on him. On February 9, he was admitted to a hospital in Medak.

    As Qadeer’s condition kept deteriorating, he was referred to Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad for better treatment. However, he succumbed to his injuries on February 17 and is survived by his wife and two children.

    The body was handed over to the family members early Saturday morning after autopsy and it was later taken to Medak for last rites.

    Qadeer’s death triggered public outrage. Local Muslim community leaders urged Bharat Rastra Samiti (BRS) MLA M. Padma Devender Reddy to take action against the policemen involved.

    Subsequently, the MLA spoke with the Medak Superintendent of Police (SP) Rohini Priyadarshini, demanding an investigation into the incident.

    The SP transferred SI Rajshekar and the two constables, Pavan and Prashanth.

    AIMIM MLA from Hyderabad, Kausar Mohiuddin visited Medak and attended the funeral on Saturday morning. He slammed the police for the restrictions imposed on the funeral and questioned if Qadeer was a “naxalite or terrorist”.

    The MLA demanded that the three policemen involved in the case should be booked for murder. He said the FIR should be changed to include the names of the SI and the two constables.

    [ad_2]
    #Hyderabad #AIMIM #demands #murder #case #Medak #cops #mans #death

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Ex-cops plead not guilty over African-American man’s death

    Ex-cops plead not guilty over African-American man’s death

    [ad_1]

    Washington: Five former police officers in Memphis, who have been charged with murder over the death of African-American man Tyre Nichols, have pleaded not guilty in their first court appearance.

    The 29-year-old died in a hospital on January 10, three days after a traffic stop by Memphis police.

    On January 27, the Memphis Police Department released four graphic videos, totalling more than an hour of footage, showing the five former police officers, who are also black, brutally beating the victim.

    Tadarrius Bean, Demetrius Haley, Desmond Mills Jr, Emmitt Martin III and Justin Smith were fired after an internal investigation by the police department, the BBC reported.

    During the hearing at the Shelby County Criminal Court on Friday, Judge James Jones confirmed the five defendants had pleaded not guilty to charges of second-degree murder, aggravated assault, aggravated kidnapping, official misconduct and official oppression.

    The former officers are currently out on bail, with the next hearing scheduled on May 1.

    They face up to 60 years in prison if convicted of murder.

    The Memphis Police Department’s so-called SCORPION unit, to which the fired officers belonged, has been permanently deactivated.

    The fallout has also reached other agencies, including the Memphis Fire Department, which fired three emergency medical technicians.

    Two additional Memphis police officers have also been relieved of duty.

    The death of Nichols came nearly three years after the police murder of African-American man George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

    Floyd, 46, died on May 25, 2020, after an encounter with Minneapolis police, during which white officer Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck for more than nine minutes while making an arrest with other colleagues.

    The police killing of Floyd sparked outrage and protests across the US in the summer of 2020 against police brutality and systemic racism.

    Police killed 1,186 people in the US last year, according to Mapping Police Violence.

    African-Americans were 26 per cent of those killed by police in 2022 despite accounting for only 13 per cent of the population.

    [ad_2]
    #Excops #plead #guilty #AfricanAmerican #mans #death

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )