[ad_1]
[ad_2]
#Big #Encroachers #Including #Hoteliers #Identified #Jammu #Kashmir #Eviction #Drive #Names #Kashmir #News
( With inputs from : kashmirnews.in )
[ad_1]
[ad_2]
#Big #Encroachers #Including #Hoteliers #Identified #Jammu #Kashmir #Eviction #Drive #Names #Kashmir #News
( With inputs from : kashmirnews.in )

[ad_1]
The Supreme Court ordered the release of all six remaining convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, including Nalini Sriharan, R P Ravichandran, Santhan, Murugan, Robert Payas, and Jayakumar, on Friday. The judgement was issued by a bench comprised of Justices BR Gavai and BV Nagarathna while considering the case of A G Perarivalan, another convict who was released in May.
Nalini, who is now on parole, petitioned the Supreme Court for early release from prison after the Madras High Court denied her plea. Her plea was submitted after the Supreme Court, on May 18, ordered the release of Perarivalan, who had served more than 30 years in prison, by exercising its special powers under Article 142 of the Constitution. The Article empowers the Supreme Court to issue orders in order to secure “complete justice” in a case. In seeking similar relief, Nalini cited Perarivalan’s case, according to a report by Indian Express.
On May 21, 1991, an LTTE suicide bomber assassinated former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi during an electoral meeting in Tamil Nadu’s Sriperumbudur.
In the case, seven prisoners were sentenced to life in prison. The Supreme Court sentenced four of them to death and three to life in prison in 1999. Nalini’s death sentence was commuted to life in prison in 2000. The Supreme Court commuted the other three death sentences, including Perarivalan’s, in 2014.
(We don’t allow anyone to copy content. For Copyright or Use of Content related questions, visit here.)
To support our Independent Journalism
[ad_2]
#Rajiv #Gandhi #Assassination #Case #Supreme #Court #Orders #Release #Convicts #Including #Nalini #Ravichandran

[ad_1]
As Twitter debuts its new $8 Twitter Blue service, it will designate some verified accounts as “official”, Esther Crawford, the company’s early stage products executive, said on Tuesday.
“Accounts that will receive [the label] include government accounts, commercial companies, business partners, major media outlets, publishers and some public figures,” Crawford tweeted.
“Not all previously verified accounts will get the ‘Official’ label and the label is not available for purchase.”
Crawford said that users’ identities will not be verified using identification cards or other materials through the updated Twitter Blue subscription programme, which will let paid customers have their accounts verified with a blue checkmark.
The disclosure is the most recent development as Twitter, now owned by Elon Musk, explains its ambitions for verification on the network.
On November 1, Musk said Twitter would start giving blue checkmarks, which were intended to identify genuine and influential users, to Blue subscribers. Blue is the platform’s premium service.
“Twitter’s current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn’t have a blue checkmark is bullshit. Power to the people! Blue for $8/month,” Musk wrote.
The redesigned premium service appeared to have opened momentarily over the weekend, as the social media company stated in an update for Apple iOS devices on Saturday that anyone who “signs up now” to its premium “Twitter Blue” service will receive a blue tick. In addition, longer movies will be able to be posted and priority ranking for platform-posted material are among the additional features that were promised as part of the premium service makeover.
Fake accounts for government officials are a recurring issue for Twitter globally. According to a source with knowledge of the situation who spoke to Reuters, the company’s policy executives pushed for the new “official” label because they were deeply concerned that international governments would not likely and would not be ready to pay for verified check marks.
Musk is moving to take control of the platform’s operations, and the adjustments to the Blue programme are only one of many moving components. There were rumours that Twitter had urged “dozens” of individuals to return to work after cutting off half of its global workforce the previous week.
In India, various individuals and organisations got official label which includes Prime Minister Narendra Modi, The Wire and more.
(We don’t allow anyone to copy content. For Copyright or Use of Content related questions, visit here.)
To support our Independent Journalism
[ad_2]
#Twitter #Adds #official #Label #Selected #Verified #Accounts #Including #Modi #Wire

[ad_1]

Former Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan was injured in firing during his rally in Gujranwala in Pakistan’s Punjab province and was rushed to a hospital. He was moving inside an SUV while having his right leg wrapped.
When Imran Khan was speaking from atop a container truck to address his ongoing “long march” to Islamabad against the Shehbaz Sharif government, the attacker, who has since been apprehended, opened fire at him from below.
About 200 kilometres from Islamabad, the incident occurred nine months after he was unseated from office for losing the trust of the army establishment.
(We don’t allow anyone to copy content. For Copyright or Use of Content related questions, visit here.)
To support our Independent Journalism
[ad_2]
#Imran #Khan #Including #Injured #Firing #Rally #Pakistans #Punjab #Dead #Reports