Tag: FIR

  • Another FIR registered by Bihar Police for ‘fake’ videos of attacks on migrants in TN

    Another FIR registered by Bihar Police for ‘fake’ videos of attacks on migrants in TN

    [ad_1]

    Patna: Days after the arrest of a man for allegedly sharing “fake” videos of attacks on migrants in Tamil Nadu on social media, the Bihar Police on Friday registered a fresh FIR against four persons as part of its probe into the case.

    The Economic Offences Unit (EOU) of the state police filed the FIR against Youtuber Manish Kashyap, Yuvraj Singh and two others “on the charges of indulging in spreading fake videos of migrants being killed and beaten up in Tamil Nadu on social media”, a senior officer said.

    “Despite repeated summons by investigators, both Manish Kashyap and Yuvraj Singh did not turn up before the EOU sleuths. They are absconding. Now the EOU has initiated a process to arrest them,” Bihar Police (Headquarters) Additional Director General JS Gangwar told reporters here on Friday.

    The EOU had on March 6 registered its first FIR in connection with the case and booked four persons.

    Those named in the case are Aman Kumar, Rakesh Tiwary, Yuvraj Singh Rajput and Manish Kashyap.

    It had already arrested Kumar from Jamui in connection with its probe into the case.

    “Investigations by the EOU have revealed that the accused were indulging in spreading fake videos of migrants being killed and beaten up in Tamil Nadu on social media. Thirty such videos were shared on social media, forcing migrant workers from Bihar to flee Tamil Nadu in panic”.

    Notices have already been sent to social media service providers for “preserving 42 such videos for further investigation”, the ADG said.

    “A 10-member team of the EOU is analysing these videos…and those posting and sharing such videos for spreading rumours will be dealt with strictly. The Tamil Nadu police have also registered 13 cases to probe the matter,” Gangwar said.

    The Tamil Nadu administration has opened help desks for the people to lodge complaints against those who are indulging in such activities and also for those who need any assistance, he said.

    The Bihar government had, last week, sent a four-member team to the southern state to coordinate with officers who were investigating the matter there.

    [ad_2]
    #FIR #registered #Bihar #Police #fake #videos #attacks #migrants

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • TN police file FIR against Hindi daily’s editor for rumour-mongering

    TN police file FIR against Hindi daily’s editor for rumour-mongering

    [ad_1]

    Chennai: Cases have been filed against the Editor of Dainik Bhaskar and another journalist for spreading false information claiming attacks on migrant workers in Tamil Nadu, the State police said on Saturday.

    Special teams have been formed under the orders of the Director General of Police, Tamil Nadu, C Sylendra Babu to arrest them, they said. Migrant workers of northern States are living in peace in Tamil Nadu with safety and security and without fear.

    A case was registered against the Editor of Dainik Bhaskar newspaper in Tirupur North Police Station under IPC sections covering promoting enmity and mischief causing fear among public, a State police press release said.

    Another case has been registered in Tirupur Cyber Crime Police Station against Mohammad Tanvir (TanveerPost Twitter handle) under the IPC for making imputations prejudicial to national integration, making mischief causing fear among public and under a relevant section of the Information Technology Act.

    Against “one Prashant Umrao,” an FIR has been filed under various sections of the IPC including those for giving provocation with intent to cause riot, promoting enmity and hatred, provoking breach of peace, statement leading to public mischief, police said. Thoothukudi Central Police Station has filed the case.

    Umrao’s verified Twitter handle said he is the spokesperson for Uttarpradesh BJP. However, the police statement did not identify him as a Saffron party office-bearer.

    Krishnagiri Police registered a case against a person –named in FIR as Shubham Shukla– under an IPC section for posting false information on Twitter.

    Police warned of stern action against those spreading false information to disturb peace and create tension.

    [ad_2]
    #police #file #FIR #Hindi #dailys #editor #rumourmongering

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Email ids created with PMO.in domain name, CBI lodges FIR

    Email ids created with PMO.in domain name, CBI lodges FIR

    [ad_1]

    New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed an FIR against the users of three email IDs for using PMO.in as their domain name.

    The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) lodged a complaint in this respect on the basis of which the CBI filed the FIR under section 170 and 419 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

    “The accused who created email IDs using the PMO.in as their domain name sent emails to different persons. It came into the notice of the Prime Ministers’ Office and they decided to take action against the culprits as the matter was serious in nature,” a CBI official said.

    The official said that three email IDs were pradeep.s@pm.o.in, hetal-gandhi@pmo.in, and indradeep.ghosh@pmo.in and they were trying to find out who were the accused behind the matter.

    “The PMO had said that prima facie it was a case of fraud and misuse of the name of Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), and its officials as neither the domain names used to send the emails nor the persons mentioned as senders of the said emails were from PMO. Initially we initiated a preliminary inquiry into the matter. The findings of the same also corroborated the facts mentioned in the complaint lodged by the PMO. A crime is made out by the accused by creating email IDS by creating a domain name in the name of PMO, and hence we have lodged an FIR,” the official said, adding that probe was on.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Email #ids #created #PMO.in #domain #CBI #lodges #FIR

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • FIR Against MC Chairman Pulwama for ‘Misbehaving’ With Doctor

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: A case has been registered against Municipal Councillor Chairman Pulwama over his alleged misbehaviour with a doctor at District Hospital Pulwama earlier this week.

    A doctor at District Hospital Pulwama said that the police registered a First Investigation Report (FIR) against Municipal Council Chairman Bilal Ahmad Rather over ‘misbehaving’ with a doctor at District Hospital (Pulwama) on February 27, during evening hours.

    “On February 27, 2023 at around 6.30 pm, a man namely Bilal Ahmad Rather, who is chairman of Municipal Council, barged in the duty room of a doctor who was on duty in the emergency department of the hospital. As soon as the person entered the hospital, the person started shouting and barged into the duty room of a doctor. He made a huge hue and cry and misbehaved with the doctor”, the doctor reading out the FIR copy said.

    “There were many sick patients in the hospital at the time when the person made his entry into the hospital and the person shouted & hurled abuse at the doctor and was in a very aggressive mood. He was about to assault the doctor and wouldn’t have managed to stay away from this person. Meanwhile he obstructed the doctor who was discharging his duties towards his patients and made ruckus in the casualty department and was asking for a lock and key to lock the hospital, as seen in the video footage which created disruption in the patient care and could have caused death or serious complications to the critical patients admitted in the hospital”, the doctor added.

    The doctor said, the police were requested to take cognizance of this episode in light of the video footage which has gone viral on social media, so that such ugly incidents don’t happen which will affect the safety of doctors besides working in hospitals and patient care.

    Taking cognizance of the incident, the police accordingly registered an FIR under sections 353/506 IPC in police station Pulwama against the accused”, the doctor further said. (GNS)

    [ad_2]
    #FIR #Chairman #Pulwama #Misbehaving #Doctor

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )

  • FIR lodged against Shah Rukh Khan’s wife Gauri in Lucknow

    FIR lodged against Shah Rukh Khan’s wife Gauri in Lucknow

    [ad_1]

    Lucknow: An FIR has been lodged against Gauri Khan, designer and wife of Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan.

    The case against Gauri has been registered under section 409 (criminal breach of trust) of the Indian Penal Code.

    The complaint was filed by Jaswant Shah, a resident of Mumbai, who alleged that the company — of which Gauri was the brand ambassador — failed to give possession of a flat despite charging Rs 86 lakh.

    The complainant alleged that the flat located in Tulsiyani Golf View at Lucknow’s Sushant Golf City area was given to someone else.

    Apart from Gauri, the complaint was also filed against Tulsiyani Construction and Development Limited Chief Managing Director, Anil Kumar Tulsiyani, and its Director Mahesh Tulsiyani.

    The complainant said he bought the flat after being influenced by brand ambassador Gauri Khan.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #FIR #lodged #Shah #Rukh #Khans #wife #Gauri #Lucknow

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Maha: FIR against Telangana MLA Raja Singh for ‘provocative’ speech in Latur

    Maha: FIR against Telangana MLA Raja Singh for ‘provocative’ speech in Latur

    [ad_1]

    Latur: Police have registered a case against suspended BJP leader and Telangana MLA T Raja Singh for alleged hate speech in Maharashtra’s Latur city, an official said on Tuesday.

    Singh has been accused of delivering an inflammatory address to create communal tension, at an event on February 19 to celebrate the birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the official said.

    Various organisations had urged the Latur superintendent of police to take action against Singh, warning of a protest if their demand was not met, said the official.

    He said the Shivaji Nagar police station in the city on Monday booked Singh under Indian Penal Code sections, including 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence and language).

    In August 2022, Singh was arrested in Telangana for his alleged remarks against Islam and Prophet Mohammed, prompting the BJP to suspend him from the party.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Maha #FIR #Telangana #MLA #Raja #Singh #provocative #speech #Latur

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • RSS lodges FIR for ‘misleading news items’

    RSS lodges FIR for ‘misleading news items’

    [ad_1]

    Lucknow: The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Awadh Prant Prachar Pramukh, Ashok Kumar Dubey, has filed an FIR under IPC 153 A (promoting enmity between groups) and other relevant charges against the executive director of a prominent newspaper and reporters of several news publications and channels for their report about a new RSS headquarter coming up over 100 acres of land in Ayodhya.

    The FIR was filed at the Hazratganj police station in Lucknow.

    In his complaint, Dubey alleged that the accused persons deliberately maligned the image of RSS by publishing a report on February 14.

    This report was also circulated by a news channel.

    Dubey said that it is a “mischievously designed fictitious news based on unsubstantiated and imaginative facts” and issued a denial on behalf of RSS.

    He has also added in the FIR that the fake news reports have misled readers into wrongly believing that the RSS has lost its path of “Param Vaibhav” and is now working on the line to “acquire immovable property of 100 acre land at Ayodhya, in collusion with the state government”.

    Whereas the fact is that the RSS already has its office, Saket Nilayam, at Ayodhya for the last many years.

    Dubey alleged that it appears that as part of a motivated plot, despite being cognizant of the full facts, the media reports were “aimed at harming the goodwill and reputation of RSS by publishing fake news”.

    Assistant Commissioner of Police, Hazratganj, Arvind Kumar Verma, said that an FIR against the accused news organisations’ reporters and an executive director has been lodged under the charges of IPC 153 A (promoting enmity between groups), IPC 505 (statements conducing to mischief) and section 66 of the IT Act.

    “Our probe is on and statements will be taken from the accused soon,” he said.

    [ad_2]
    #RSS #lodges #FIR #misleading #news #items

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • RSS lodges FIR for ‘misleading news items’

    RSS lodges FIR for ‘misleading news items’

    [ad_1]

    Lucknow: The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Awadh Prant Prachar Pramukh, Ashok Kumar Dubey, has filed an FIR under IPC 153 A (promoting enmity between groups) and other relevant charges against the executive director of a prominent newspaper and reporters of several news publications and channels for their report about a new RSS headquarter coming up over 100 acres of land in Ayodhya.

    The FIR was filed at the Hazratganj police station in Lucknow.

    In his complaint, Dubey alleged that the accused persons deliberately maligned the image of RSS by publishing a report on February 14.

    This report was also circulated by a news channel.

    Dubey said that it is a “mischievously designed fictitious news based on unsubstantiated and imaginative facts” and issued a denial on behalf of RSS.

    He has also added in the FIR that the fake news reports have misled readers into wrongly believing that the RSS has lost its path of “Param Vaibhav” and is now working on the line to “acquire immovable property of 100 acre land at Ayodhya, in collusion with the state government”.

    Whereas the fact is that the RSS already has its office, Saket Nilayam, at Ayodhya for the last many years.

    Dubey alleged that it appears that as part of a motivated plot, despite being cognizant of the full facts, the media reports were “aimed at harming the goodwill and reputation of RSS by publishing fake news”.

    Assistant Commissioner of Police, Hazratganj, Arvind Kumar Verma, said that an FIR against the accused news organisations’ reporters and an executive director has been lodged under the charges of IPC 153 A (promoting enmity between groups), IPC 505 (statements conducing to mischief) and section 66 of the IT Act.

    “Our probe is on and statements will be taken from the accused soon,” he said.

    [ad_2]
    #RSS #lodges #FIR #misleading #news #items

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • MP: Court orders registration of FIR in Dalit youth suicide case

    MP: Court orders registration of FIR in Dalit youth suicide case

    [ad_1]

    Indore: A special court in Indore has ordered registration of a First Information Report in connection with the February 2022 suicide of a 21-year-old Dalit man due to alleged police torture.

    The family of the deceased had alleged that he was tortured by police as he was in love with a Brahmin girl and eloped with her.

    Police allegedly refused to probe the suicide, so the family moved a special court for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act cases, said the family’s lawyer Neeraj Kumar Soni.

    Special judge Manoj Kumar Tiwari earlier this month ordered the Scheduled Castes welfare police station here to register a case and submit a report after probe, Soni said.

    Badia, a B Com student, left home along with his Brahmin girlfriend on February 9, 2022, with the intention of getting married, as per the complaint.

    Police sub-inspector Vikas Sharma, posing as the girl’s uncle, visited his house on the same day and threatened the family members using casteist words, the complaint said.

    Sharma called Akash to Chandan Nagar police station on February 10, 2022, and beat him up inside an ambulance parked on the police station premises, it alleged.

    The police official allegedly warned him that if he married the woman, he would be implicated in rape and drug cases and spend his whole life in jail.

    Akash allegedly hanged himself at home on February 16, 2022.

    A note on his mobile phone accused Vikas Sharma and another official of the Chandan Nagar Police Station of being responsible for his death.

    Despite the family’s complaint, no suicide case was registered, the complaint alleged.

    [ad_2]
    #Court #orders #registration #FIR #Dalit #youth #suicide #case

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Allahabad HC rejects petition seeking cancelling of FIR against conversion accused

    Allahabad HC rejects petition seeking cancelling of FIR against conversion accused

    [ad_1]

    Prayagraj: The Allahabad High Court has dismissed a writ petition challenging an FIR lodged against 37 people accused of coercing a man to undergo a religious conversion from Hinduism to Christianity through inducements.

    The writ petition was filed by Jose Prakash George and 36 Others seeking quashing of the FIR lodged on January 23, 2023, under sections 420, 467, 468, 506, 120-B IPC and section 3/5 (1) of UP Prohibition of Unlawful Conversion of Religion Act at Police Station Kotwali, District Fatehpur.

    The petitioner’s counsel contended that an FIR on almost identical allegations had been lodged on April 15, 2022, under the same Act.

    The complainant in the instant case is one of the witnesses whose statement was recorded by the police in the FIR lodged on April 15, 2022.

    The accused in both FIRs are the same barring, one or two persons. Only the informant in both cases is different, and both cases allege mass religious conversion by fraud, coercion, and allurement, the counsel said.

    In light of these facts, the counsel contended that the FIR is barred by sections 154 and 158 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

    A division bench comprising Justice Anjani Kumar Mishra and Justice Gajendra Kumar on Friday rejected the petition saying it was of the view that the second FIR, though related to the same incident, cannot be quashed as it has been lodged by a competent person.

    “Since, the first information report dated April 15, 2022, had not been lodged by a person competent to lodge it, it is of no consequence. For the same reason, the impugned first information report cannot be called a second first information report. It, therefore, cannot be said that there are two separate first information reports of the same incident.

    “It has already been observed in the earlier part of this order that the allegations in the first information report impugned, contain ingredients of a cognizable offence. Therefore, also the impugned first information report is not liable to be quashed,” the court observed.

    “In view of the reasons given above, the writ petition fails and is dismissed,” it said.

    [ad_2]
    #Allahabad #rejects #petition #seeking #cancelling #FIR #conversion #accused

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )