Tag: federation

  • Wrestling Federation chief to be booked today: Delhi police to SC

    Wrestling Federation chief to be booked today: Delhi police to SC

    [ad_1]

    New Delhi: The Delhi Police apprised the Supreme Court that it has decided to register an FIR on Friday over sexual harassment allegations levelled by seven women wrestlers against Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh.

    Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the Delhi Police, told a bench comprising Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud and Justice P S Narasimha that the FIR would be registered today.

    “We have decided to register an FIR. It will be registered today,” Mehta told the bench, which was hearing a plea filed by seven women wrestlers alleging non-registration of an FIR on their sexual harassment allegations against Singh.

    MS Education Academy

    The bench also directed the Delhi Police commissioner to make an assessment of the threat perception and provide adequate security to one of the minor girls, who is an alleged victim of the sexual assault.

    The country’s top wrestlers have been on a sit-in protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi since Sunday over the matter.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Wrestling #Federation #chief #booked #today #Delhi #police

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Overall developmental, infra-oriented budget: Karnataka industrial federation

    Overall developmental, infra-oriented budget: Karnataka industrial federation

    [ad_1]

    Bengaluru: The Federation of Karnataka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI) President B.V. Gopala Reddy on Wednesday dubbed Union Budget 2023-24 as an overall developmental and infrastructure-oriented Budget.

    FKCCI welcomes several initiatives expressed by the Finance Minister in the areas of millets, health sector, tourism industry, ease of doing business, and the income tax slabs, he said.

    He mentioned about the credit guarantee scheme for the MSME support earlier also the scheme was there but there was a delay in reaching the beneficiary.

    This time, an additional corpus of Rs 9,000 crore has been announced for MSME credit guarantee, but we have to wait and see how fast it will reach the beneficiary.

    The government has given support to millet-based products which exclusively benefits Karnataka with the Central assistance of Rs 5,300 crore to Upper Bhadra Project.

    In addition to that, ancillary industries in millet-based products should be supported, he said.

    The support given to the Tourism Industry is commendable like 50 tourism destinations being selected through challenge mode, setting up of unity mall in the state capital or tourist destination, setting up of tourism centres in border villages FKCCI welcomes this move, he said.

    The FKCCI president suggested an exclusive port connectivity for Karnataka. Till now, the state is using either Krishnapatnam Port in Andhra Pradesh and Chennai Port from Tamil Nadu, he said.

    “The certain compliances being removed in Ease of Doing Business is most welcome by FKCCI. These series of measures will unleash the potential of our economy,” he added.

    [ad_2]
    #developmental #infraoriented #budget #Karnataka #industrial #federation

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Juventus docked 15 points in Serie A by Italian federation for false accounting

    Juventus docked 15 points in Serie A by Italian federation for false accounting

    [ad_1]

    Juventus were hit with a 15-point penalty for false accounting on Friday after an appeal hearing at the Italian football federation.

    The punishment could eliminate the club’s chances of playing in Europe next season. With 20 games left this season, Juve were third in Serie A, 10 points adrift of the leaders, Napoli, who beat them 5-1 last week. The points deduction would push them down into mid-table, outside the spots for European competition.

    The ruling is tougher than a nine-point deduction a prosecutor had requested earlier on Friday during a hearing looking at the way Juventus, Italy’s most successful club, and a number of other teams dealt with player exchange deals.

    The former Juventus president Andrea Agnelli was banned for two years from football activities and similarly long bans were handed out for other members of Juve’s former board, which resigned en masse in November after an investigation by Turin public prosecutors into alleged false bookkeeping.

    It also decided on a 30-month ban for Juve’s former sports director Fabio Paratici, who is now managing director of football at Tottenham. It is understood Tottenham are urgently seeking clarification as to whether Paratici’s ban extends beyond Italy.

    Juventus have denied wrongdoing and were initially cleared by the sports court in April. But an appeal was made after the federation collected papers from the Turin prosecutors.

    Juventus can appeal the decision to Italy’s highest sports court within the Italian Olympic Committee.

    The news comes 17 years after the “Calciopoli” refereeing scandal that resulted in Juventus being demoted to Serie B and stripped of two Serie A titles.

    At the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, Juventus said 23 players agreed to reduce their salary for four months to help the club through the crisis, but prosecutors claim the players gave up only one month’s salary. Turin prosecutors have also apparently discovered more alleged secret payments to their former player Cristiano Ronaldo that were not reported by Juventus.

    [ad_2]
    #Juventus #docked #points #Serie #Italian #federation #false #accounting
    ( With inputs from : www.theguardian.com )