Tag: Police

  • 2 Self-Styled Political Activists Arrested For Duping People On Pretext Of Providing Police Jobs

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: Police on Saturday said that two persons, projecting themselves as political activists, were arrested for allegedly duping people on the pretext of providing government jobs in Pattan area of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.

    “On January 11, Police received information that two self-styled political activists from Pattan area are demanding money on the assurances that they will arrange government jobs and are providing fake appointment orders and are also threatening the general public,” news agency GNS quoted  police statement as having said.

    Police swung into action and promptly registered a case under relevant sections in police station Pattan, the statement said.

    “During course of investigation, Police after utilizing all technical and human intelligence and strenuous efforts arrested two accused namely Ubaid Nazir Sofi and Mohammad Iqbal.”

    Police said that it was learnt during interrogation that these “scamsters were cheating common people on the pretext of giving jobs in police department and taking huge amount of money from them.”

    “Once the victim started asking money back, they used to issue threats to them. Further investigation into the matter is on,” it added.

    [ad_2]
    #SelfStyled #Political #Activists #Arrested #Duping #People #Pretext #Providing #Police #Jobs

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )

  • Rahul Alleges Security Lapses During BJY, Police Denies

    [ad_1]

    Srinagar, January 27(GNS): Rahul Gandhi on Friday alleged that he had to stop Bharat Jodo Yatra due to inadequate arrangements by police, a later charge denied by the police.

    Gandhi said that he had to call off his walk because “I can’t go against my security people.”

    He said J&K it was administration’s responsibility to provide security, “I hope security will now be ensured for remaining days of the yatra,” he said.

    Later in a series of tweets, the Kashmir Police said that “Only authorised persons as identified by organisers & frisked crowd was allowed inside towards the route of Yatra. “Organisers & managers of BJY did not intimate about large gathering from Banihal joining the Yatra, which thronged near the starting point.”

    Police said full security arrangements were in place including 15 Coys of CAPFs and 10 Coys of JKP, comprising of ROPs and QRTs, route domination. It said lateral deployment and SFs were deployed for high-ridge and other deployments.

    “JKP was not consulted before taking any decision on discontinuation of Yatra after conducting 1 km yatra by organizers. Rest of yatra continued peacefully. There was no security lapse at all. We will provide foolproof security,” it added.(GNS) 

    [ad_2]
    #Rahul #Alleges #Security #Lapses #BJY #Police #Denies

    ( With inputs from : thegnskashmir.com )

  • Delhi HC directs DSLSA to produce roadmap for PLVs in police stations

    Delhi HC directs DSLSA to produce roadmap for PLVs in police stations

    [ad_1]

    New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday directed the Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DSLSA) to produce a roadmap for implementing its scheme to place Para-Legal Volunteers (PLVs) in 50 police stations to aid people in instances involving missing children and crimes against children and how the Supreme Court’s directions will be taken forward in the matter.

    A division bench of Justices Siddharth Mridul and Anup Jairam Bhambhani was hearing a criminal reference to streamline the functioning of the juvenile justice delivery system under the Juvenile Justice Act and the Rules framed therein.

    In September of last year, the Supreme Court had also issued an order directing all State Legal Services Authorities and Legal Services Authorities of Union Territories to develop schemes as soon as possible for the appointment of PLVs in police stations to work on cases.

    It had directed the circulation of the DSLSA’s scheme to be used by the states and UTs as a model for framing the schemes.

    Appearing for the AAP government, advocate Nandita Rao submitted that they are looking after it actively and that they will file a reply before the next date of hearing.

    The court listed the matter for the next hearing on January 31.

    “What more is required is to implement the scheme in letter and spirit. Come up with a roadmap,” Justice Mridul told DSLSA Special Secretary Sushant Chngotra.

    The court said that it is within the mandate of the Juvenile Justice Act and has to be done on a war footing.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Delhi #directs #DSLSA #produce #roadmap #PLVs #police #stations

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Hyderabad: Cyberabad police arrest 8 for organised prostitution

    Hyderabad: Cyberabad police arrest 8 for organised prostitution

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: The Cyberabad police arrested eight people for ‘procuring women” from across India and luring them into prostitution at different hotel rooms in the city.

    The accused were involved in four cases of prostitution and used websites like Skokka.in, Locanto, Vivastreet etc and operated their business out of Hyderabad. Further, the accused used WhatsApp to promote organised prostitution.

    The accused have a past record of being involved in cases under Section 370 (A) (Buying or disposing of any person as a slave) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Sections 3, 4, 5, 6 of the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act.

    The anti human trafficking unit arrested accused Mohit Satpal Garg, Jai Saha, Zanwar Vishal, Sohail Ahmed, Mohammed Khaleel, Muntha Srikanth, Mulla Nasrin and Mehedi Das.

    The above accused are have been booked under the Madhapur and Gachibowli police station limits. 31 smart phones, four keypad phones, five laptops, two Aadhar cards, pan cards and other bank cards were taken from them.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Hyderabad #Cyberabad #police #arrest #organised #prostitution

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • BJY enters Kashmir; Rahul cries security breach, police denies

    BJY enters Kashmir; Rahul cries security breach, police denies

    [ad_1]

    Jehangeer Ganai

    Anantnag, Jan 27: Congress leader and Member Parliament Rahul Gandhi Friday accused the Jammu and Kashmir administration of a big security lapse at Jawahar Tunnel stating that police were missing to control the crowd that had come to his reception.

    “When we crossed from Navyug Tunnel at Qazigund, there was a huge crowd for my reception. But there was not a single police man to manage or control the crowd. My security guards advised me not to go ahead,” Rahul said addressing a press conference at Khanabal, Anantnag, as per news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO). “It is very difficult for me to go against what my security guards advise me.”

    He said that he was hopeful that security arrangements would be elaborate for his future programs that includes his culmination rally at Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) office in Srinagar where he is supposed to unfurl the tri-colour on January 30 and address a mega rally.

    He said Yatra will continue and will conclude in Srinagar as per Schedule. Speaking on the occasion, senior Congress leader Jai Ram Ramesh said that Rahul was supposed to walk 16 kms today but he could walk only 4 kms due to breach of security. He said that administration must ensure proper security for the Bharat Jodo Yatra in the days ahead, especially when it reaches Srinagar.

    He said due to the wrong policies of BJP and RSS, India as a nation is falling apart and the Yatra is an effort to bring the folks together. Ramesh said that BJY has nothing to do with the election politics as of now. “We keep on stating that there are two ways: one that of BJP and RSS and another that of Congress which is the Gandhian way.”

    Meanwhile, several Congress leaders have also alleged security lapse in Banihal and Qazigund during Bharat Jodo Yatra on Friday.

    J&K UT administration failed to provide security to Bharat Jodo Yatra led by Rahul Gandhi. Security lapses indicate unfair & unprepared attitude of UT administration,” tweets Rajani Patil, Congress incharge J&K and Ladakh.

    “The sudden withdrawal of security personnel from the D-area has caused a serious security breach at the #BharatJodoYatra at Banihal, Kashmir.

    Who ordered this? The authorities responsible must answer for this lapse & take appropriate steps to prevent such incidents in future,” tweeted another congress leader K C Venugopal.

    “J&K UT Administration failed to provide security to #BharatJodoYatra led by Shri @RahulGandhi Security lapses indicate unfair & unprepared attitude of UT administration,” J&K congress tweeted.

    Notably, the Yatra resumed after two days from Banihal, the home town of JKPCC president where hundreds of people were present to welcome Congress leaders. He was joined by former CM of J&K and NC Vice Omar Abdullah in Banihal.

    Omar while reacting to the security lapse said that he witnessed that outer layer of security vanished suddenly.

    “I’m witness to this. The outer ring of the cordon which was maintained by J&K police simply vanished within minutes of @RahulGandhi starting to walk. We had just crossed into Kashmir from Jammu & were looking forward to the 11 KM walk but unfortunately it had to be cancelled,” he tweeted.

    Rahul was welcomed by several party leaders including former JKPCC president G A Mir at the entrance of the tunnel from Qazigund side along with hundreds of workers.

    He was joined by PDP leaders and workers led by PDP spokesperson Suhail Bhukhari as well.

    POLICE DENIES SECURITY LAPSE: Jammu and Kashmir police said there was no security lapse at all in the Bharat Jodo Yatra.

    In a statement, issued to the KNO, a police spokesman said police was not consulted before taking any decision on discontinuing the Yatra after conducting 1 Km Yatra by the organisers.

    Police also said only authorised persons as identified by organisers & frisked crowd was allowed inside towards the route of Yatra.

    “Organisers & managers of BJY did not intimate about large gathering from Banihal joining the Yatra, which thronged near the starting point?,” it said. It further said full security arrangements were in place including 15 Coys of CAPFs and 10 Coys of JKP, comprising ROPs and QRTs, route domination, lateral deployment and SFs were deployed for high-ridge and other deployments.

    “JKP was not consulted before taking any decision on discontinuation of Yatra after conducting 1 km Yatra by organizers. Rest of the Yatra continued peacefully. There was no security lapse at all. We will provide fool-proof security,” the police said—(KNO)

    [ad_2]
    #BJY #enters #Kashmir #Rahul #cries #security #breach #police #denies

    ( With inputs from : roshankashmir.net )

  • Hyderabad: Rachakonda police undertake drive on improper no plates

    Hyderabad: Rachakonda police undertake drive on improper no plates

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) for traffic D Srinivas on Friday undertook a special drive on improper numbers, irregular numbers, tampered numbers, erased numbers under the Rachakonda Commissionarate.

    The aim of the drive is to prevent all kinds of crime including road accidents and traffic violations.

    The special drive was conducted in 34 Places in two shifts in which 17 inspectors, 25 sub inspectors, 85 members of the police staff and 34 law and order officials participated.

    Under the LB nagar traffic police station limits, 26 cases were booked under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) while 102 were booked under the Motor Vehicles (MV) Act. Vanasthalipuram recorded 31 under the IPC, 51 under the MV Act.

    Malkajgiri, Uppal, Kushaiguda, Bhongir, Choutuppal, Yadadri recorded 17 and 144, 21 and 182, 15 and 159, 5 and 75, 18 and 61, 16 and 41 cases respectively under the Indian Penal Code and the Motor Vehicles Act.

    A total of 149 cases were booked under the IPC while 815 cases were recorded under the MV Act and a total fine of Rs 1,63,000 was imposed.

    [ad_2]
    #Hyderabad #Rachakonda #police #undertake #drive #improper #plates

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • NCPCR issues notice to Indore police chief as minors seen during protest

    NCPCR issues notice to Indore police chief as minors seen during protest

    [ad_1]

    New Delhi: The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) on Friday sent a notice to the Police Commissioner of Indore over the presence of minors during a protest organised by some people of the Muslim community in the Madhya Pradesh city, demanding the arrest of Bajrang Dal workers for their alleged statements against Prophet Muhammad.

    Stating that the use of minors in protests is in violation of the Juvenile Justice Act, the NCPCR sought a reply within 7 days from the Police Commissioner.

    A video of the protests that took place on Thursday went viral on social media.

    The Commission stated that it has taken suo motu cognisance of the media reports that some unruly youths in Indore’s Barwali Chowki area, brought minors and raised slogans, including ‘sar tan se juda’.

    The Child Rights body, in its notice, instructed the Commissioner to take action against those who used the children in the protest, after gathering information through surfaced videos and other means, and sought a report on it.

    The commission said that the minors involved in the protests should be presented before the Child Welfare Committee and a copy of the Committee’s order should be sent to the NCPCR.

    Along with this, it has asked to ensure necessary action for the counselling of the minors involved in the protest.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #NCPCR #issues #notice #Indore #police #chief #minors #protest

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Teenager Shot At From 12 Bore Rifle, Police File Case

    Teenager Shot At From 12 Bore Rifle, Police File Case

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: A teenager was injured after hit on the face by a shot fired from a 12 bore rifle by an unknown person at Payerpora Hyhama area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, officials said on Friday.

    Quoting a police officer, GNS reported that information was received that one unknown person has “utilized” 12 bore illegally at Payerpora Hyhama, resulting in minor injuries on face of a teenager identified as Sahir Ahmad Khan son of Niyaz Ahmad Khan of Payerpora Hyhama.

    The Injured was shifted to SDH Kupwara wherefrom he was referred to GMC Baramulla. In this regard, he said, a case (FIR No 12/2023) under section 307 IPC (attempt to murder) and 3/27 Arm Act (use of prohibited arms or ammunition) stands registered investigation taken up.

     

    Previous articleGovt Committed To Nurture, Build Robust Entrepreneurship Ecosystem: JKEDI Director
    16c0b9a15388d494e61bc20a8a6a07ba?s=96&d=mm&r=g

    [ad_2]
    #Teenager #Shot #Bore #Rifle #Police #File #Case

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )

  • Kashmir police deny any security lapse in Bharat Jodo Yatra

    Kashmir police deny any security lapse in Bharat Jodo Yatra

    [ad_1]

    Srinagar, Jan 27: Jammu and Kashmir police on Friday said there was no security lapse at all in the Bharat Jodo Yatra after Rahul Gandhi accused the police and administration of security breach during the Yatra at Qazigund.

    In a statement, issued to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), a spokesperson said police was consulted before taking any decision on discontinuing the Yatra after conducting 1 Km Yatra by the organisers.

    Police also said only authorised persons as identified by organisers & frisked crowd was allowed inside towards the route of Yatra.

    “Organisers & managers of BJY did not intimate about large gathering from Banihal joining the Yatra, which thronged near the starting point?” it said.

    It further said full security arrangements were in place including 15 Coys of CAPFs and 10 Coys of JKP, comprising of ROPs and QRTs, route domination, lateral deployment and SFs were deployed for high-ridge and other deployments.

    “JKP was not consulted before taking any decision on discontinuation of Yatra after conducting 1 km Yatra by organizers. Rest of Yatra continued peacefully. There was no security lapse at all. We will provide foolproof security,” the police said—(KNO)

    [ad_2]
    #Kashmir #police #deny #security #lapse #Bharat #Jodo #Yatra

    ( With inputs from : roshankashmir.net )

  • Capitol Police boost security preparations ahead of Tyre Nichols footage release

    Capitol Police boost security preparations ahead of Tyre Nichols footage release

    [ad_1]

    Five Memphis police officers were charged with murder and other crimes Thursday related to the death of Nichols, who died on Jan. 10. Nichols, who is Black, was stopped by police on Jan. 7. The officers, all of them also Black, were fired by the department last week.

    Officials are expected to release video footage from the beating on Friday, though it’s not yet clear how extensive the disclosure will be.

    Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), who represents Memphis, discussed the potential for protests on the floor Thursday, urging “peaceful” demonstrations.

    “It could be a situation where people want to exercise their First Amendment rights to protest actions of the police department, and people should. But they should be peaceful and calm … I pray for my city,” Cohen said in a floor speech on Thursday.

    D.C. police said they are also “fully activating” the force on Friday in preparation for possible protests. The House is expected to be in session for several hours Friday as they complete consideration of an energy bill related to drilling on public lands. The Senate will be out of session.

    [ad_2]
    #Capitol #Police #boost #security #preparations #ahead #Tyre #Nichols #footage #release
    ( With inputs from : www.politico.com )