Tag: Police

  • Telangana: Police arrests ex-IAS officer Akunuri Murali over protest

    Telangana: Police arrests ex-IAS officer Akunuri Murali over protest

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: Two persons, including a former IAS officer, were arrested by the police on Tuesday for protesting the allotment of double-bedroom houses to the poor.

    Akunuri Murali who is also the convenor of the Social Democratic Forum (SDF), along with the forum’s co-convenor Dr Prudhviraj were arrested from Ambedkar Colony in Hanamkonda district.

    The protest happened on Monday in Bhupalpally town. In a statement, the SDF said, “A total of 540 two-bedroom houses were constructed five years ago. So far not a single house has been allotted to the poor.”

    Following the incident, Bhupalpally collector Bhavesh Mishra sent the local tahsildar Md. Iqbal to talk to Murali in the police station. The protest was later called off when the collector promised house allotment will be done by February 4.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Telangana #Police #arrests #exIAS #officer #Akunuri #Murali #protest

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Hyderabad: Cyberabad police 3 for loan fraud, cheating public

    Hyderabad: Cyberabad police 3 for loan fraud, cheating public

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: The Cyberabad police’s cybercrime cell apprehended a gang involved in loan frauds. The accused would source bank accounts and SIM Cards on mule identities in Telangana and other states. The gang comprises call center operators, tele callers and suppliers of bank accounts, ATM cards and SIM cards.

    According to the Cyberabad police, the arrested persons are Subash Kumar, Shreekant Kumar and Amit.  

    One of the common methods used by these people is that they put online advertisements for quick loan disbursals using the names of trusted organizations such as Bajaj Finance and mention their contact numbers in the advertisement.

    “When somebody clicks on the advertisement or its link, they send them a message or sometimes people call the fraudster’s number given in the advertisement. In the guise of providing a loan, the fraudsters take money from victims on various pretexts like Loan insurance fee, loan agreement charge, GST, Loan processing fee etc.,” said Stephen Raveendra, Cyberabad police commissioner.

    He added that people pay up the amount because they think that by paying money, they will get the loans. The money received from victims is taken into mule bank accounts sourced by fraudsters. Later, all payments made by victims are transferred multiple times through various accounts to prevent detection and finally withdrawn, said the officer.

    The accused sourced and sold more than 675 mule bank accounts and 725 mule SIM cards and committed fraud.

    The Cyberabad police seized 17 debit cards of different banks, three bank pass books, four  smartphones and fake loan offer and confirmation letters

    [ad_2]
    #Hyderabad #Cyberabad #police #loan #fraud #cheating #public

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Sedition case: HC asks police to inform whether Sharjeel Imam’s bail plea be sent back to trial court

    Sedition case: HC asks police to inform whether Sharjeel Imam’s bail plea be sent back to trial court

    [ad_1]

    New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday sought to know the stand of the city police as to whether a plea by JNU student Sharjeel Imam seeking bail in connection with a 2020 riots case involving allegations of sedition be remanded back to the trial court for adjudication.

    The high court said there was no ground mentioned in the trial court’s order rejecting Imam’s bail plea.

    A bench of Justices Siddharth Mridul and Talwant Singh granted two-week time to the Delhi Police counsel to take instructions whether the trial court’s order rejecting the bail plea be remanded back. It listed the matter for further hearing on February 20.

    The high court was hearing Imam’s plea challenging the trial court’s January 24, 2022 order, dismissing his bail application in the case.

    Meanwhile, his counsel withdrew Imam’s interim bail plea as the court was taking up his appeal challenging the trial court’s order denying him regular bail in the case.

    The bench said since section 124A (sedition) of the Indian Penal Code has been kept in abeyance following the directions of the Supreme Court, it will have to examine the trial court’s bail rejection order while keeping in mind the other sections framed against Imam.

    Last year, the trial court had ordered the framing of charges against Imam under Sections 124A (sedition), 153A (promoting enmity), l53B (Imputations prejudicial to national integration), 505 (Statements conducing to public mischief) of IPC and Section 13 (Punishment for Unlawful Activities) of Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.

    “The other thing you (prosecution) will have to answer is what is the ground on which bail has been rejected?” the bench said.

    As Special Public Prosecutor Amit Prasad said the ground is that charges have been framed against the accused.

    “So what? That is not a ground. Where is the ground? You have to decide we are hearing appeal or fresh bail plea. There is no ground on the bail in the whole bail order. You seek instructions,” the bench said.

    During the hearing, the bench said that Section 2(1)(o) of the UAPA which defines ‘unlawful activity’ is completely different from Section 124A IPC which defines sedition.

    The high court perused the definitions and said that unlawful activity would be an activity which is committed against India, whereas sedition is committed against the “Government established by law in India”.

    “This is the principle difference. Sedition is against the government established by law in India and it has nothing to do with unlawful activity,” the bench said.

    While advancing arguments on the bail plea, Imam’s counsel said charges have already been framed against the accused and it was a case for grant of regular bail.

    He said it is an admitted position that there was no overt act on behalf of Imam and the speech delivered by him rather than calling for violence, calls for non-violence as he says they will not burn down property.

    He stressed the point that Imam has been in custody for three years now.

    Imam had earlier sought interim release until the top court decides the constitutional validity of offence of sedition. The court was also informed that Imam’s plea challenging the framing of charges in the matter is also pending before it.

    As per the prosecution, Imam had allegedly made speeches at Jamia Millia Islamia on December 13, 2019 and at the Aligarh Muslim University on December 16, 2019 where he threatened to cut off Assam and the rest of the Northeast from India.

    In his petition before the high court, Imam has said the trial court “failed to recognise” that pursuant to the directions of the top court, the basis for dismissal of his earlier bail plea, the charge of sedition, no longer existed and therefore relief must be granted to him.

    On May 11, 2022, the Supreme Court had stayed till further orders the registration of FIRs, probes, and coercive measures for the offence of sedition across the country by the Centre and the states until an appropriate forum of the government re-examines the colonial-era penal law.

    [ad_2]
    #Sedition #case #asks #police #inform #Sharjeel #Imams #bail #plea #trial #court

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • SSP Orders Transfer And Postings In J&K Police Department- Check Here – Kashmir News

    SSP Orders Transfer And Postings In J&K Police Department- Check Here – Kashmir News

    [ad_1]

    The Sr. Superintendent of police (SSP) district Anantnag on monday has ordered a minor reshuffle in district police headquarters anantnag with 17 officers transferred in the interest of the administration with immediate effect.

    CHECK HERE ORDER COPYWhatsApp Image 2023 01 30 at 22.44.24

    CLICK ON THE BELOW PROVIDED LINKS TO FOLLOW KASHMIR NEWS ON: 

    OUR APPLICATION IS ALSO LIVE ON GOOGLE PLAY STORE, DOWNLOAD MOBILE APPLICATION


    Post Views: 797

    [ad_2]
    #SSP #Orders #Transfer #Postings #Police #Department #Check #Kashmir #News

    ( With inputs from : kashmirnews.in )

  • Hyderabad: Cyberabad police arrested Int’l gang operating gaming, betting apps

    Hyderabad: Cyberabad police arrested Int’l gang operating gaming, betting apps

    [ad_1]

    Hyderabad: The Cyberabad police on Monday arrested an international gang for allegedly collecting huge payment fees through online gaming and betting applications on fraudulent websites and social media.

    The arrested person are Mohin Pasha, resident of Bengaluru, Karan Arora of Rudrapur Uttarakhand, Sanjeev Kumar of Uttarakhand, Karan Malhotra of New Delhi, Gokul Singh Koranga of Uttarakhand, Sonu Lokesh of Delhi, Mohit Kumar of Delhi and Dinesh Singh of Noida.

    The property seized from the possession of the accused is Rs 24 crores frozen in various banks, mobile phones 193, laptops 21, Point of Sale Device, 21 cheque books 416, and debit cards 233.

    The arrested fraudsters were recruited to interact with the users and collect the details from victims for registration of new user ID’s. The gang collects the screen shot of the transactions made by users and after verifying with bank account they give online gaming and betting services which are banned in Telangana State.

    The fraudsters initially credit nominal returns as profit to users and after gaining their trust they collect huge amounts and cause losses to them by manipulating the game themselves and deciding winners internally.

    Poor and needy people are targeted by giving nominal commission, collect their KYC documents. They get an amount credited into those bank accounts from victims using these online gaming and betting applications. By making multiple transactions, the fraudsters make it seem they are having legitimate business and individuals are receiving regular money, thus legitimizing the money.

    “The gang has procured fraudulently opened bank accounts of various innocent persons and have taken pre-activated SIM cards through fraudulent means. Stringent legal action is being initiated against all persons and organisations who are abusing the system and adopting practices which aid such criminals in the commission of crime,”aid Stephen Raveendra, Cyberabad Commissioner of Police said.

    The police advised the general public not to share personal data for any marketing or advertising reasons without verifying the reasons for which it is being collected. It also advised people against opening your bank accounts or get SIM cards through agents or unknown persons.

    [ad_2]
    #Hyderabad #Cyberabad #police #arrested #Intl #gang #operating #gaming #betting #apps

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Israel police arrests 42 Palestinians in synagogue shooting case

    Israel police arrests 42 Palestinians in synagogue shooting case

    [ad_1]

    Israeli police on Saturday morning raised the state of alert in the country to the highest level, following the killing of seven Israelis in a shooting attack in occupied East Jerusalem, on Friday, while 42 Palestinians were arrested.

    On Saturday, the Israeli police announced, in a statement, the arrest of 42 Palestinians in the Al-Tur neighborhood of East Jerusalem, who are relatives and friends of the attacker, Khairi Alqam, a 21-year-old resident of East Jerusalem.

    The police commissioner, Jacob Shabtai, ordered the alert to be raised to the highest level in the aftermath of the attack, the Israeli broadcaster Kan reported.

    Under the decision, the police will work from 12-hour shifts instead of 8, effective from Saturday, January 28.

    The Israeli police asked the public to report any suspicious person or object to its hotline.

    On Friday, January 27, at least seven people were killed in a shooting outside a synagogue in Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem, with the gunman killed at the scene.

    Friday’s attack came a day after nine Palestinians were killed and dozens wounded in an Israeli military operation in the West Bank city of Jenin.



    [ad_2]
    #Israel #police #arrests #Palestinians #synagogue #shooting #case

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • 1 Kanal Land Allegedly Occupied by police officer Retrieved in Gogo Budgam

    1 Kanal Land Allegedly Occupied by police officer Retrieved in Gogo Budgam

    [ad_1]

    AB Wani

    Srinagar, Jan 30 (GNS): Authorities on Monday retrieved one kanal of land allegedly encroached upon by a police officer in Gogo area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district.

    Official sources told GNS that the land was occupied adjacent to the property named in the wife of the police officer of JKPS rank who is presently posted as Commandant.

    They said outer wall and some structure over it have been demolished during the anti-encroachment drive being undertaken by the authorities. (GNS)

    [ad_2]
    #Kanal #Land #Allegedly #Occupied #police #officer #Retrieved #Gogo #Budgam

    ( With inputs from : thegnskashmir.com )

  • Gunfight breaks out between police and Maoists in Ranchi

    Gunfight breaks out between police and Maoists in Ranchi

    [ad_1]

    Ranchi: A gunfight broke out between the police and Maoists belonging to the banned Tritiya Sammelan Prastuti Committee (TSPC) on Sunday night in the Budhmu police station area of Ranchi.

    During the encounter, more than 100 rounds were fired by both sides.

    Police said that four extremists were injured in the gunfight, but they managed to escape into the thick forest.

    During the search operation, the police recovered 777 rifle cartridges, seven walkie-talkies and many other items from the area.

    The Senior Superintendent of police (SSP) in Ranchi received information about the presence of an armed squad of Naxalites in Sumo forest. A team under the command of DSP Animesh Naithani was sent to investigate.

    As soon as the police team entered the forest, the Naxalites started firing. In response, the police also opened fire.

    According to a police official, this squad of Naxalites is being led by TSPS area commander Dinesh Ganjhu alias Tiwari.

    On January 23, the police had killed Vishal Sharma, area commander of the banned Naxalite organization People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in a skirmish in the Thakurgaon police station area adjacent to Budhmu.

    [ad_2]
    #Gunfight #breaks #police #Maoists #Ranchi

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • ‘Final report almost ready’, Delhi Police to SC in hate speech case

    ‘Final report almost ready’, Delhi Police to SC in hate speech case

    [ad_1]

    New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Monday informed the Supreme Court that its final report into the alleged hate speech made at a religious assembly in the national capital in 2021, is “almost ready”. The top court told the Delhi Police to inform it about the preventive steps taken against the accused in the case.

    A bench headed by Chief Justice of India D Y Chandrachud and comprising Justices P S Narasimha and J B Pardiwala gave three weeks’ time to the police to inform them about the preventive steps taken.

    Additional Solicitor General K M Nataraj, representing the Delhi Police, submitted that the investigation is substantially completed and the final report is almost ready. “It has been sent for vetting and we will be filing the final report in the shortest time,” he added.

    Advocate Shadan Farasat, representing petitioner Tushar Gandhi, contended that Delhi Police should clarify certain additional aspects and pointed out that as per the police affidavit, they have fixed some date in March for collecting the voice sample of Sudarshan News chairman cum managing director and editor-in-chief Suresh Chavhanke.

    Farasat said it should be done expeditiously and cannot take so long, and secondly, what are the preventive steps as regards these people? What steps have they taken so that these types of incidents are not repeated by these persons again?

    The bench asked the Delhi Police counsel to look into the petitioner’s counsel contention.

    Delhi Police investigating officer, in an affidavit, said that Delhi BJP spokesperson Vikram Bidhuri, who was one of the participants has been examined, and Sudarshan News editor-in-chief Suresh Chavhanke was examined in the case on November 1, 2022 and “he was bound down u/s 41A CrPC”.

    The affidavit added that the alleged hate speech video has been examined and the transcript has been prepared.

    “Forensic Science Laboratory, Delhi has fixed March 17 for recording of a voice sample of Suresh Chavanke. Thereafter his specimen voice recording will be compared with the video/audio downloaded from YouTube…effort is being made to obtain the details of the video of the speech made during the event and uploaded on YouTube, through the process of MLAT,” it said.

    “That investigation of the case is being conducted fairly and without any bias,” said the affidavit.

    The police filed this affidavit in compliance with the January 13 order passed by the apex court directing the investigating officer to place on record the steps which have been taken to pursue the investigation since the incident took place on December 19, 2021. The police have also requested Google Inc to trace the login-logout IP addresses of the video on YouTube from where the alleged video was uploaded.

    “That in response to notice u/s 91 Cr.P.C., a reply dated November 18, 2022 was received on email from Google, LLC, Legal Investigations Support, informing that no records from the Google account holders, specified in the request, have been found,” added the affidavit.

    The police have told the apex court that it has examined Hindu Yuva Vahini Delhi chief Rajiv Kumar, who booked the auditorium, General Secretary Sachin Vasisht, who organised the event, and Ashutosh Sharma who attended the meeting and uploaded the video on YouTube in the channel named as ‘Hishant Media’, besides several others.

    “Some other participants who had attended the event have been identified and are yet to be examined.

    “A draft ‘final report’ has been prepared and was sent to the prosecution branch for scrutiny. However, some points have been raised by the public prosecutor and investigation on those points is being conducted, “added the affidavit.

    On January 13, the Supreme Court had pulled up the Delhi Police for registering FIR on the alleged hate speeches made at Dharam Sansad in Govindpuri in December 2021 after a lapse of five months and not making an arrest or filing a charge sheet till date. It had told the police that there was no palpable progress made in the investigation in the case.

    [ad_2]
    #Final #report #ready #Delhi #Police #hate #speech #case

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Four LeT Militant Associates Arrested, Hideout Busted: Police

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: Police on Monday claimed to have destroyed a hideout and also arrested four militant associates of the Lashkar-i-Toiba outfit in south Kashmir’s Awantipora.

    In a tweet, The Kashmir Zone Police wrote, “Police along with security forces busted & destroyed terrorist hideout in Hafoo Nageenpora forests of Awantipora. 04 militant associates linked with terror outfit LeT arrested. Incriminating materials & other items recovered. Case registered, investigation in progress”.

    Previous article2 Houses Damaged After Chinar Tree Branch Falls On Them
    16c0b9a15388d494e61bc20a8a6a07ba?s=96&d=mm&r=g

    [ad_2]
    #Militant #Associates #Arrested #Hideout #Busted #Police

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )