Tag: donations

  • Hamas stops receiving donations via Bitcoin

    Hamas stops receiving donations via Bitcoin

    [ad_1]

    Gaza: Al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Palestinian militant group Hamas, announced its decision to stop receiving donations via the digital currency Bitcoin.

    The group said in a statement that the decision was taken “within the framework of ensuring the safety of the donors and not subjecting them to any harm”, reports Xinhua news agency.

    “We took the decision, especially in light of the intensification of the pursuit and the doubling of the hostile effort against anyone who tries to support the resistance (Hamas) through this currency,” said the statement.

    MS Education Academy

    Hamas called for the continuation of donations in various available ways other than donating funds with Bitcoin.

    Israel Radio reported that the Israeli counterterrorism office for economic affairs last week seized funds in crypto-currency which amounted to more than half a million shekels.

    According to the report, more than 80 digital accounts of exchange companies working to serve Hamas in the Gaza Strip were seized.

    The Al-Qassam Brigades previously called for providing financial support through digital currency to help it to deal with financing challenges.

    Bitcoin, the worldwide cryptocurrency and digital payment system, was released as open-source software in 2009.

    The system works without a central repository or administrator, and the transactions take place between users directly.

    [ad_2]
    #Hamas #stops #receiving #donations #Bitcoin

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Paytm enables digital donations at Kedarnath temple via Paytm QR

    Paytm enables digital donations at Kedarnath temple via Paytm QR

    [ad_1]

    New Delhi: One97 Communications Ltd (OCL), that owns leading digital payments brand Paytm, on Wednesday enabled devotees visiting the Kedarnath shrine to make donations using Paytm UPI or Wallet by scanning Paytm QR code.

    Devotees from across India can make donations at the holy temple, situated in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, from the comfort of their homes through Paytm Super App.

    “As the pioneer of QR and mobile payments in India, we have enabled digital donations at the doors of the Kedarnath temple, where devotees can scan the Paytm QR code at the shrine and pay through Paytm UPI, Paytm Wallet and more,” said a Paytm spokesperson.

    MS Education Academy

    “We remain committed towards driving financial inclusion by taking our innovative mobile payment solutions to every nook and corner of the country,” the spokesperson added.

    Kedarnath temple is the remotest pilgrimage spot in the Char Dham yatra and reopened its doors for the devotees on Tuesday.

    Devotees visiting the temple can easily scan Paytm QR code and pay through Paytm UPI among other payment methods like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI LITE, Paytm Postpaid and more.

    Paytm is India’s payment Super App offering consumers and merchants most comprehensive payment services.

    Pioneer of the mobile QR payments revolution in India, Paytm’s mission is to bring half a billion Indians into the mainstream economy through technology-led financial services.

    [ad_2]
    #Paytm #enables #digital #donations #Kedarnath #temple #Paytm

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • Ram Mandir gets Rs 1 crore in donations in a fortnight

    Ram Mandir gets Rs 1 crore in donations in a fortnight

    [ad_1]

    Ayodhya: In the past 15 days, the Ram Mandir has received more than Rs 1 crore in the donation box kept inside the temple, a Ram temple trust official said here on Monday.

    Bank officials tasked with the counting and depositing of donations have informed the Ram Mandir Trust that the donations have increased three times since January 2023, Prakash Gupta, the office incharge of Ram Mandir Trust at Ram Janmabhoomi, said.

    Two officials have been appointed by the State Bank of India exclusively for the counting and depositing cash in the Trust’s bank account, he said.

    Champat Rai, general secretary of the Ram Janmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust, said that the donation coming to the Ram temple is increasing rapidly and in the coming times, arrangements will be done on the lines of Tirupati Balaji where hundreds of workers engage in the cash counting every day.

    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News

    [ad_2]
    #Ram #Mandir #crore #donations #fortnight

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • CEO Anantnag Warns Private Schools Over Collecting Capitation Fee, Donations

    [ad_1]

    SRINAGAR: Chief Education Officer Anantnag, Ramesh K Hakim has warned private schools of the district not to charge donation and capitation fee from parents at the time of admission after several complaints from parents.

    The office has also received many complaints from parents that the private schools have kept their book editions available at different bookshops, according to the news agency KNO.

    It is also mentioned in the circular that private schools of the district are implementing their laws and are not following the orders and circulars from the government from time to time.

    They are working against the government laws and in the circular from the CEO of Anantnag, it is also mentioned that private schools should follow the orders and circulars of the government properly. In a circular, it is also stated that private schools are not allowed to sell books to students in their own fixed shops.

    The circular also stated that “No private school shall any kind of capitation admission fee or donation as per government order and Right to Education Act 2009.”

    The CEO Anantnag has further stated in the circular that all private schools for the upcoming session should have a common curriculum in all private schools from class 6th onwards as per the New Education policy 2020.The instructions are to have adhered in letter and spirit and if any school is found making violation of Government orders or circulars, action, as warranted under rules, shall be initiated against the erring school, the circular reads.

    The circular stated that the private schools will face de-certify if they were found violating the government orders. “The action against erring schools may include their cancellation of recognition and registration without any further notice.”— (KNO)

    [ad_2]
    #CEO #Anantnag #Warns #Private #Schools #Collecting #Capitation #Fee #Donations

    ( With inputs from : kashmirlife.net )

  • Saudi Arabia bans imams from collecting donations during Ramzan

    Saudi Arabia bans imams from collecting donations during Ramzan

    [ad_1]

    Riyadh: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has warned imams and muezzin in mosques that collecting financial donations for fasting people or other iftar projects during Ramzan is prohibited.

    This came in a statement issued by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, which it published on its Twitter account.

    According to the statement, the Minister of Islamic Affairs, Abdul Latif Al-Sheikh, issued a circular to all the Ministry’s branches about the need to prepare mosques to serve the worshipers, in preparation to receive the holy month of Ramzan 1444.

    Here are the ten points for imams and muezzin to follow during Ramzan:

    • The imams and the muezzin must adhere to complete regularity in their work, and avoid being absent during Ramzan except for extreme necessity.
    • The imams and the muezzin must abide by the calendar of Umm al-Qura, raise the call to prayer for the isha prayer in its time in Ramzan, and establish the prayer according to the approved period for each prayer.
    • It is also necessary to take into account the circumstances of the people in Tarawih prayers, and to complete the Tahajjud prayer in the last ten days of Ramzan in sufficient time before the dawn call, so that this will not be hardship for the worshipers.
    • The imams and the muezzin were also asked to abide by the Prophet’s guidance in supplicating qunoot in Tarawih prayers, not to prolong and confine themselves to supplications and mosques, and to stay away from hymns and intonations.
    • Reading some useful books on the mosque group.
    • It is forbidden to use mounted cameras for the purpose of photographing the imam and worshippers while performing the prayer, and it is also forbidden to transmit or broadcast prayers in the media of all kinds.
    • The imam is responsible for authorizing the i’tikaf, checking that there are no violations from it, and knowing the data for the i’tikaaf. The imam must seek the approval of the approved sponsor for non-Saudis wishing to perform i’tikaaf.
    • Not collecting financial donations for breakfast projects for fasting people and others.
    • Iftar is served for the fasting person – if any – in the places prepared for that in the courtyards of the mosque, under the responsibility of the imam and the muezzin. The person in charge of breaking the fast for the fasting person should clean the area immediately after breaking the fast. It is important not to set up any temporary rooms, tents, etc. to keep breakfast in.
    • The ministry urged worshipers not to take children, as that would disturb the congregation and cause them to lose reverence.
    Subscribe us on The Siasat Daily - Google News



    [ad_2]
    #Saudi #Arabia #bans #imams #collecting #donations #Ramzan

    ( With inputs from www.siasat.com )

  • USA will announce donations for environmental actions in Brazil in a timely manner, says Marina – ISTOÉ DINHEIRO

    [ad_1]

    By Lisandra Paraguassu

    BRASILIA (Reuters) – U.S. Special Envoy for Climate John Kerry did not announce a figure for U.S. donations to fight deforestation in Brazil after a first meeting with Brazilian government representatives, but a plan to action should be announced on Tuesday, said the Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Marina Silva.

    The minister’s team has already confirmed that there should be a press conference on Tuesday afternoon, after a working meeting with Kerry and the delegations of both countries.

    ′′ Who will announce the value is the Biden government in the opportune time for them. They depend on Congress, nothing will be done that disregards the dynamics of each country,” Marina told reporters after the meeting.

    “Brazil works so that we can have, as quickly as possible, the contributions that are being made by the different governments, as already signaled, for example, by Germany. But each country has its time and its internal dynamics.”

    The Minister of Agriculture, Carlos Fávaro, reported having spoken with Kerry about technical cooperation and investment in research for sustainable production, which, defends Fávaro, could come from the Amazon Fund.

    “We talk a lot about cooperation, research. They have the world’s largest temperate climate research company and tropical climate nodes. If we unite, we can together, through Embrapa, find innovative solutions. Brazil is an example of no-till planting, nitrogenous dispensing, an innovation that the US does not have”, said the Minister of Agriculture.

    “We are going to promote technical cooperation, investment partnership, in the Amazon Fund. He made it very clear how difficult it is for the government to approve funds for the Amazon Fund in the US Congress, but they will do it. We suggest that the Amazon Fund invest in research,” added Fávaro.

    Earlier, upon leaving the meeting with Kerry, vice president Geraldo Alckmin clarified that the US special envoy had not spoken of values, but that he had guaranteed that he would work together with his government, Congress and private companies in the North -American companies to guarantee “large resources” in contributions, whether for the Amazon Fund or for other options negotiated with the Brazilian government.

    Alckmin, who is also Minister of Development, Industry, Commerce and Services, spoke briefly with journalists at the Itamaraty after meeting with Kerry, which was also attended by, among others, Marina and the president of the National Bank for Economic and Social Development ( BNDES), Aloizio Mercadante.

    At the beginning of the month, when President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva met with US President Joe Biden in Washington, an initial donation of US$50 million to the Amazon Fund was discussed. The amount, however, was not officially announced because the assessment was that the amount — the maximum amount that the US government could donate by executive act, without passing through Congress — would be low compared to other donations. According to a source, the announcement has been postponed so that the US can negotiate a higher number.

    According to Marina, the two governments are drawing up a work plan on issues such as climate change, deforestation, low-carbon economy and other topics, and on Tuesday a joint announcement of cooperation should be made.

    “We are going to revisit the framework agreement that was made by Brazil and the US in 2015. This framework agreement has several themes that need to be updated in light of the interests of President Lula’s government and the Biden government. It has to do with protecting the forest, climate, tackling inequalities, strengthening democracies, but betting on the energy transition, facing the major issues on the global environmental agenda, including issues that have to do with this cooperation in terms of trade,” he said. .

    This morning’s meeting, according to Alckmin, dealt with the fight against climate change, deforestation, energy transition, in addition to the possibility of partnership in several areas. Kerry should also meet with the Minister of Agriculture, Carlos Fávaro.

    So far, the Brazilian government has signaled donations from France, Spain and the United Kingdom to the Amazon Fund. During the World Economic Forum, in Davos, in meetings with actor Leonardo di Caprio and investor Jeff Bezos, Marina also heard that both would raise 100 million dollars each, through their foundations, to invest in the Fund.

    Initiated by Germany and Norway to support the country’s forest protection and sustainable development projects, the Fund has so far received donations of US$1.3 billion.

    LOGGING

    The Minister of the Environment was asked about the increase in deforestation in February, which in two weeks broke the record for the entire month since 2015, when the historical series began.

    According to Marina, there is a “kind of revenge” against the actions that are being taken by the government in the region.

    “Right now we are identifying that there is criminal action even in the rainy season, advancing deforestation. We are preparing to face this confrontation”, said the minister, noting that she took the ministry as “scorched earth”.

    “We are still two months into the government, the deforestation prevention and control plan will be updated and reimplemented from April, when we will conclude the plan. But even so, we are taking emergency action on several fronts, on the Yanomami front, on the front of deforestation and other crimes that happen throughout Brazil, ”he said.

    (Reporting by Lisandra Paraguassu)


    #USA #announce #donations #environmental #actions #Brazil #timely #manner #Marina #ISTOÉ #DINHEIRO


    [ad_2] #USA #announce #donations #environmental #actions #Brazil #timely #manner #Marina #ISTOÉ #DINHEIRO ( With inputs from : pledgetimes.com )