It has been decided by India Post Payments Bank to charge fee for select services. These rules will come into effect from August 1. This will increase the additional burden on the pockets of the customers.
From internet banking to ATM to cash withdrawal services, the customers are already worried due to the increase in service charges by all the banks. Now they may get another blow. In fact, India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has also made up its mind to levy service charge for doorstep banking. Under this, from August 1, customers will have to pay an additional fee to take advantage of this facility.
In this regard, a notice has been issued by India Post Payments Bank. It was told that from August 1, the bank will charge Rs 20 plus GST from every customer on every request for select products / services in the case of doorstep banking. These include from fund transfer to bill payment etc. Let us tell you that till now IPPB did not charge any charge for doorstep banking.
Know how much will be charged on which service
1. A fee of Rs 20 plus GST will have to be paid for transferring funds to IPPB accounts. On the other hand, if funds are transferred to other bank accounts, then only Rs 20 plus GST will be levied on it.
3. For availing the Send Money Service i.e. standing instructions for sending money, POSB Sweep In and POSB Sweep Out service, Rs 20 plus GST will have to be paid.
5. Under Bill Payments, Rs 20 plus GST service will have to be paid for mobile postpaid and bill payment .
6. In case of requests, the charge for QR code issue under Account Services will be Rs 20 plus GST.
7. Apart from this, Rs 20 plus GST will have to be paid for assisted UPI and cash withdrawal and cash deposit.
Non IPPB customers will get discount
According to the notice, those who are not customers of IPPB but they take advantage of certain services under its doorstep banking, will not be charged any extra. Because all those charges will be included in the fee charged for the service. The bank provides services of AEPS, Direct Money Transfer, Child Enrollment Lite Client (CELC), Digital Life Certificate to non-IPPB customers under doorstep banking.