The policyholder has the option to start pension immediately or after 5, 10, 15 and 20 years. With the passage of time, the pension amount will increase.
Life insurance is one of the easiest and best ways to secure your future. Insurance provides financial security to your family in case of your absence. Life Insurance Corporation of India i.e. LIC , the country’s largest government insurance company, offers many types of schemes. Along with life insurance, LIC offers pension related schemes. In this, by paying a lump sum or annual premium, one can get financial assistance in old age.
One of these better schemes is LIC’s Jeevan Shanti Scheme. It is a pension scheme which provides a fixed amount to the policyholder in old age. Jeevan Shanti Scheme is a non linked plan. Also, you have to pay annual premium in this. The subscriber has the option of choosing an immediate annuity or a deferred annuity. Here the policyholder has the option to start pension immediately or after 5, 10, 15 and 20 years. With the passage of time, the pension amount will increase.
how much return will you get
Suppose you are depositing a lump sum of Rs 5 lakh in the policy at the age of 30 or 35 and ask to fix the pension after 20 years. So you will get pension at the rate of interest of about 21.6% per annum. In this sense, after 20 years, you will get 1.05 lakh rupees every year or about 9 thousand rupees every month for life. If your deposit is Rs 10 lakh then monthly pension will be Rs 17500 i.e. Rs 2.10 lakh per annum. You can get this return on monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly basis also.
- This plan provides you pension benefits after a certain period of time.
- Individuals of minimum 30 years and maximum up to 85 years can take.
- You can also avail loan against this policy.
- If you have any problem related to the policy then you can surrender anytime after 3 months.
- No medical document will be required for this.
- You have the option to get pension immediately or start pension anytime between 1 to 20 years as per your wish.
- Guaranteed annuity rates will be given while taking the policy for both immediate and deferred annuity options.
- The option once selected cannot be changed.
- Various annuity options and modes of annuity payment are available under the plan.
- You can buy this plan offline as well as online.