Tribune Web Desk
Chandigarh, April 7
The Chandigarh Administration on Wednesday issued new guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
District Magistrate Mandip Singh Brar ordered that there shall be prohibition on motion of people for all non-essential actions between 10:30 pm to 5 am in Chandigarh.
No particular person shall go away their properties or shall transfer on foot or by car or journey or stand or roam round on any street or public locations throughout above mentioned hours, the order mentioned.
However, the motion of following individuals and providers shall be exempt:
1. Those tasked with legislation & order/emergency and municipal providers/duties together with Executive Magistrates, police personnel, Military/CAPF personnel in uniform, well being, electrical energy, hearth, media individuals with accreditation and authorities equipment tasked with COVID-19 associated duties (all on manufacturing of Identity Card).
2. Those specifically issued a restricted motion curfew move by the officers authorised on this behalf.
3. There shall be no curbs on inter-state and intra-state motion of important and non-essential items.
4. All autos/individuals on bona fide transit (inter-state/intra-state) shall be allowed to move, however solely after due verification of level of origin and vacation spot.
5. Hospitals, chemist outlets and ATMs shall be allowed to stay open 24X 7.
6. Pregnant girls and sufferers for getting medical/well being providers.
7. Passengers going to or getting back from airport or railway station or ISBT shall be exempted.
8. All eating places/eating-places, motels together with meals joints/courts in varied malls falling inside the jurisdiction of Chandigarh shall run solely with 50% of their capability and shut by 10 pm. The final order for meals might be accepted until 9 pm.
Any breach of this order shall invite motion below Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code.
This order shall come into drive with impact from 10:30 pm on April 7 and shall stay in drive until additional orders.
In view of the emergent nature of the order, it’s being issued ex-parte and is addressed to the general public usually.